• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thanks Bob4burton for the IC7-G Northbridge MOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Csybe said:

How about noise on this one? I'm planning to build a real quiet system so I'll replace my Abit chipset cooler for sure unless it's the new one ;)

I have a Tiger-1 installed on my IC7's NB and its nice and quite . :D

stereo555

Also regarding the Tt Tiger...

I don't know if everyone else is using the provided thermal tape, but I took the tape off and there were serious saw marks in the bottom of the heatsink. I started lapping with 100 grit, and did a fair amount of lapping before moving on to 200 grit, and then 400 grit.

Unless my Tiger was a fluke, I'd guess the stock NB HSF is as good as most unlapped Tt Tigers.

Has anyone tried this mod or the Thermaltake TIGER alongside a thermalright slk-900u? I might have to find out myself because you can never have enough fsb's....

The inquiring mind...

So, to answer my own post....

I bought a Thermaltake Tiger 1 and it does fit beside the heatsink with a bit of room to spare...I could only run stable with a 2.4c @ 3000 before but now I can run it stable @ 3300...

Color me a believer!

This limitation to 3300 is (what I think) due to running dual channel ram...haven't tested it out yet with single...

Hey guys!

I just got my board like an hour ago! (abit IC7). I want to get a tiger1 to replace the NB heatsink I got on there now. Couple questions though if you can help..

1. Is there a how-to for installing it on the abit boards??? can i just use the clamps to hold it in place so I dont lose my warrenty.

2. I have a Zalaman 7000A - alcu... will the tiger1 fit with it? Any chance of it working??? If not will the Zalman chipset cooler work better???

Thanks a ton for the help all!

OR should I just get the zalman chipset cooler since it sounds better?

Last edited:
nycundaground said:
i would liek to say thank you and give credit to bob4burton for this mod he showed us. I am able to get to 4.08 ghz on my ic7-g with a 3.0c. I just added the fan on top, and it sticks there by itself no glue or anything. So thanks again bob4burton for the nice mod.

:beer:

THat was real ballzy putting the little heatsink on the back of your GPU core lol. Where did you ger one that fit so nice i want one :)

Back