• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

That is the MAXimum that i can get Out of GeForce 2MX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kamikadze

Registered
That is the MAXimum that i can get Out of GeForce 2MX. At this moment i run GPU@230MHz and RAM@210MHz. At GPU 235MHz it's just freezup. Any ideas?
Thanks.
For cooling i use Titan cooler 5x5x5cm

What are you using to cool the chip ?
If you have nothing then you can try puting Heatsinks on the ram chips. You can replace the stock HSF with a blue orb, You can add a case fan to blow air accrost both sides of the chip. All are good ways to cool it down and give you a few more MHZ out of the chip.

Worry about the memory clock.....keep the core at default and see how high you can get with mem.

The memory is the bottleneck, increasing the core clock gives nothing but bragging rights.

i have only got to 210-205 and scored 2755 in 3d mark 2k.how high did you score? of coarse my cpu is holding me back a little as is the 32 mb.
my memory craps out @216 getting screen corruption.thats a great oc you got!

JEFF (Jul 10, 2001 08:19 a.m.):
i have only got to 210-205 and scored 2755 in 3d mark 2k.how high did you score? of coarse my cpu is holding me back a little as is the 32 mb.
my memory craps out @216 getting screen corruption.thats a great oc you got!

Hey JEFF, your score seems a little low for that GF2MX, i've still got an old 32meg TNT2 Pro
GA-660+ and i'm getting around 5550 on 3dMark2000....
regards

Kamikadze (Jul 10, 2001 03:12 a.m.):
That is the MAXimum that i can get Out of GeForce 2MX. At this moment i run GPU@230MHz and RAM@210MHz. At GPU 235MHz it's just freezup. Any ideas?
Thanks.
For cooling i use Titan cooler 5x5x5cm

That's a great overclock...however..with the GPU at 235...you are totally over taxing the capabilities of your SDRAM @ 5 or 5.5ns on that card. GeForce 2 cards w/ SDRAM suffer from memory bottlenecks.

The general rule of thumb is to keep your GPU at 8-10MHz below that of your memory. Your throwing plenty of info at the memory at 235 but the memory won't allow that 235MHz GPU setting to really show any improvement.

210MHz for the memory is a great OC...I'm hitting 208 stable w/ my Hercules Prohet 2 MX. I usually run the card at 190/205. To be sure the memory has a ability to deal w/ the speed of the GPU.

Either way...sounds like you've got a smokin' core on that badboy...enjoy!

Back