• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The 4X4 Summer Showdown!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I swear you'd think we were trying to send man to the moon... :rofl:

AMBIENT Cooling guys. You cannot use any cooling methods whos temperatures are lower than the ambient air temperature. No chillers, no Dry Ice, No LN2. Air cooling and water cooling is OK so long as you are using the air around you to cool. You can turn the AC lower in the room or house and use that ambient air...

1. So how do we fit it all on one screen?
1.a. If I open hwinfo, it takes up half a screen, CPUz takes another part of screen, then cinebench takes up whole screen, how do you see the background?!
2. Do we add all scores?
3. What's ambient cooling?
3.a. I have water cooling, does it taken off?
1. You likely don't? 4 different screenshots
1a. See #1.
2. What do the rules say?
3. See above.
3a. See above.

I fear for some of you and your safety at times.. :p

3. What's ambient cooling?
3.a. I have water cooling, does it taken off?

The heat exchange between CPU and the cooler takes place at room (ambient) temperature, without artificially chilling the part (dry ice, phase change, LN2, etc.). Water cooling generally (not always) takes place at ambient temps. Member SilverSurfer has some good stuff on chilled water loops around OCF.

Men, looks like Taco has r15,r20,and 3dmark11 already. All I have to do is get geekbench.
Stand by, soon you will see the fire!!

Johan45/ R7 2700X/ 32960

Did a quick run this morning before I headed out for work. I was going to try and get it all in one SS but I almost forgot HWInfo so It's in the second shot after I started closing bench windows.

32960.JPG
hwm.JPG

I just realized that this damn cheap chip on this board can't hole the clock properly. Oh well you get the jist of things

I'm sorry, but I forgot, if you're offline, is it still ok to post a score on 3dmark11? It shows error window because i dont have internet

Edit: ah snack, looks like geekbench also needs internet to get score. I cant do internet to my pc. Looks like the end of the road for taco. I guess I could upload score only from r15 and r20 and hope someone with bulldozer fails miserably to beat my score..:shrug:

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I forgot, if you're offline, is it still ok to post a score on 3dmark11? It shows error window because i dont have internet

Edit: ah snack, looks like geekbench also needs internet to get score. I cant do internet to my pc. Looks like the end of the road for taco.

Can you plug your phone into your computer and connect to the net like that?

Edit: ah snack, looks like geekbench also needs internet to get score. I cant do internet to my pc. Looks like the end of the road for taco. I guess I could upload score only from r15 and r20 and hope someone with bulldozer fails miserably to beat my score..:shrug:

Can't you use your phone as a hotspot and connect through it for the benching?

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Can you plug your phone into your computer and connect to the net like that?

Beat me to it! LOL

Well, I >>could, but then windows will download quickly secret potion and will nag me to activate windows 10. Because I have never connected to internet, it continues to sleep like a dragon in the dungeon, but as soon as i remove the dagger and connect to the internet, this will set the apocalypse in motion.:(

Well, I >>could, but then windows will download quickly secret potion and will nag me to activate windows 10. Because I have never connected to internet, it continues to sleep like a dragon in the dungeon, but as soon as i remove the dagger and connect to the internet, this will set the apocalypse in motion.:(

Haha dragon in the dungeon.. Indeed.

Anyways, Horray!(almost) I totally didn't think about it, but I have windows7 as a dual bot. What I figured is I can connect to internet in windows7 and win10 will never know! :clap: it's like a parallel universe! Imagine 2 tacos? Anyways, I was able to get a geekbench score while doing a dummy run and it sort her out into the old unupdated internet explorer! But then my 3dmark11 said my key is invalid(like I stole it, which I didn't, friend just let me borrow it for benchmarks), and it wont let me do a score.

Can I still submit my score here using a screenshot? It still shows all those individual gpu scores and all those separate scores, whatever they are, it just doesn't show you the big orange score that starts with a "P". Or is it not gonna count? Can I substitute with superpi or maybe y-cruncher?

Also, do scores from separate windows versions count? I have e15 and r20 sc0res and dont want to rerun them. They were true scores. Thanks!

Waiting for late night. I'll have to turn the swamp cooler (with the noisy failing bearing) on high in the middle of the night to keep my rig from turning in to a forest fire. :mad:

OCF weather.JPG

I'm really excited for this test. I'm also interested to see if the 8c CPUs have an advantage over the 6c CPUs.

Back