• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Benching Team needs your help! (Post here if participating)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have it, it's going to xsuperbgx for some abuse next week.
My semprom 3000+ isn't really up to the task :p

Woohoo, good job Woomack, at least we have a submission in FB-DIMM now! :thup:

Someone had mentioned we needed to improve in our GeForce 4 ranking. If anyone feels like spending a few bucks, there are some cheap ti4600s on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190705509698?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160849918865?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Good job woomack! I didn't think we'd be able to post anything in that category!

thanks, today I found out that old testing server at work is free for 2-3 days and there are FBDIMMs so I just had to use it ...

I have GF4600 at home but no working AGP board for now :-/

I was fearing for the FB-Dimms too. That's fantastic :D
Very pleased with the memory comp so far, we seem to have a nice stash of ancient bits!

I was fearing for the FB-Dimms too. That's fantastic :D
Very pleased with the memory comp so far, we seem to have a nice stash of ancient bits!

Agreed. I feel like maybe we have superbg to thank for that - getting word out really well about the comp. It seems like the older bits are usually where we struggle the most.

have my ddr2 under dice right now not getting anywhere is there something im missing aside from voltages and frequencys .. my pll i had at 1.6 and moved up and never gained anything.

Looks like my DDR submission was thoroughly beaten by someone at 352MHz/DDR704, and then further beaten by someone that hit 370MHz/DDR740.

I'm not sure I'll be able to catch up to these guys. I'm also not sure they're really running these sticks on air, as they claim, but that's another story. I just have my doubts that those clocks are possible on air cooling. Maybe I'm wrong though, and it is in fact possible to run at DDR700+ on air cooling alone.

Just hit 340MHz/DDR680. Of course my computer crashed before I could submit it though. Mosfets are overheating, think I may have to pull the board out of the case tomorrow so I can point some fans at it and keep it cool long enough for some benching.

At least I did manage to upload the CPU-Z validation and save a screen shot before it crashed though.

Edit: I've submitted it now, and we're back in the top three. ;)

Last edited:
Legacy Mem Clock SD, EDO and RD RAM.

I'm posting this to hopefully get some more people benching legacy RAM for the cup. If anyone has anything to add, corrections or questions please bring it to the table.

SDRAM:
This sub-comp will not be decided by clock speed but by a low multi with high RAM clocks. There are 4 different dividers one can set on the socket 370 platform the highest and best being 133/133/66 CPU freq/RAM freq. and PCI. PCI cannot be fixed. so you reach the land of lock-up sooner or later. Overclocking is quite simple really pour on the volts get it cold and crank the FSB till she bluescreens or locks up. The multi. cannot be set either way on the 370 platform which while not the only one that uses SDRAM it will be the one that takes the top spot. So a low multi chip that clocks well and fast RAM will be what decides things. The Asus CUSL2 or CUSL2-C will almost certainly be the boards to have. Possibly a TUSL2 but not likely. Forget about anything else. SetFSB is very useful here!

RAM with Infineon chips tend to rule the roost here.

Cold may or may not decide things here as it is quite possible with the right CPU to set an SDRAM record on air.

EDO RAM:
The boards that use EDO are most commonly socket 7 and this was used by Intel,Cyrix/IBM and AMD K6 and implemented both EDO and SDRAM. The winner here will most certainly will be using the an AMD K6-2 or K6-3 as these are by far the best overclockers out of the bunch. ALL EDO RAM boards have jumpers with which you can adjust the multiplier up or down and the best have adjustable freq. via jumpers. However it is not "stepless" like later platforms. You are limited to a range of choices such as 66Mhz, 75Mhz, 82MHz on up to 124Mhz. I am not aware of any EDO boards that go higher than 124 thought here may be some out there. Vid can also be set via jumpers and once again the PCI bus cannot be locked. This arena very well may be decided by a platform that has a PLL recognized by SetFSB, ClockGen or some other software. If anyone knows of an EDO board that goes higher than 124 please let me know though it's unlikely that 112MHz will be exceeded. A huge amount of different boards were made for the socket 7 platform and it's a toss up which will take the proverbial cake.

Cold will play little to no part here.

RDRAM or Rambuss memory:
RDRAM was most commonly used with the first gen. Pentium 4 code named Willamette and these are where the battle will be won. These chips are not by in large terribly good clockers while RDRAM has the potential to clock quite high. Overclocking is quite simple, 1:1 and pour on the FSB and Vcore (VID). The best boards are the Asus P4T and the Abit TH7-RAID. Cold will be king here as it will be needed to squeeze that last little bit out of the lowly Willamette.

Just thought you guys would like to know where things stand in the legacy department.

Last edited:
It looks like we are 2nd in the team cup! Good submissions by everyone.

Update 7/29

Good work so far! If you have an IGP now is time for your submissions! There is just over one day left! We still have no submission for Geforce integrated! If you have one we need your help!

In the IGP contest we are 7th overall

AMD Llano- 9th Place Wagex
Intel GMA HD 3rd Place Woomack
AMD HD3000 and HD4000 10th Place kenny
Geforce- !!!!!NO SUBMISSION!!!!
Intel GMA 4th Place xsuperbgx

Anyone that has any of these is encouraged to run 3dmark 2006 and submit your results. For any tips on improving your score please post here.

Only 46 hours to go!!!

Just made a submission for the DDR portion of the competition at 345.2MHz/DDR690.4.

I think I just hit the wall on these Corsair XL sticks, tried increasing voltages but it wasn't helping.

Either I've hit the limit of this CPU's memory controller or I've hit the limit of this memory. I'm not sure which.

Geforce igp? Anyone? Laptop? Got one buried in the closet? Friend that has one? We need a submission!
Any improvement in any of the other categories is welcome, too.

Back