• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The best PC game you've ever played?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tinymouse2

There are so many PC games out there now but I'm wondering what's your favorite? I was thinking we could do it with a tier style.

Favorite game of the 1990's
Favorite game of the 2000's
Favorite game of the 2010's *most looking forward to*

For me:

Tomb raider II in 1997
Beyond Good and Evil in 2003
Crysis 2 in 2010 sometime.

My favorite of all 3? Probably tomb raider 2. All the new games have crap story lines and generally feel horrible to play. Beyond good and evil was a big exception of this, amazing game.

The original Knight of The Old Republic. That game was sweet! awesome storyline, I also really like the GOOD call of dutys! CoD1, CoD4, CoD6(I can't wait!)

Wow 1990's i didnt even know what a PC was...lol
2000's well i loved GTA 3 and Max Payne 1 and 2 And then Farcry and Doom3 oh and Call of Duty 1 and 2.Right now im playing X-men Origins Wolverine and liking it a lot.I love ripping the soldiers apart with his claws.And cant forget L4D.So im not that impressed with L4D 2's demo

Xbox 360--The only game ive finish on x-box so far has been Tomb Raider UnderWorld (it was pretty good once i got used to the weird movements)

Last edited:
Ultima 7 The Black Gate.

Actually found someone in person that is my age and played all of the originals. That's a first for me.

I'm also going to add the 80's.

1980's - Wasteland
1990's - Heroes of Might and Magic III
2000's - Diablo 2
2010's - Diablo 3

Funny that I still play them all (except Diablo 3 of course).

1990's - I'd say it's a tie between TIE Fighter and M.A.X. for me personally. So many hours...

2000's - Diablo II. Hands down. I can't begin to tell you how many months of my life that game has taken. For quite awhile I would play 15+ hours a day. It was sick.

2010+ - Care to take a guess? Diablo III of course. I'm just hoping I'm done with my online classes (I also work full-time still) before it comes out or I am absolutely screwed.

1990's - I'd say it's a tie between TIE Fighter and M.A.X. for me personally. So many hours...

2000's - Diablo II. Hands down. I can't begin to tell you how many months of my life that game has taken. For quite awhile I would play 15+ hours a day. It was sick.

2010+ - Care to take a guess? Diablo III of course. I'm just hoping I'm done with my online classes (I also work full-time still) before it comes out or I am absolutely screwed.

1990ish-- Secret weapons of the luftwaffe (Lucasfilm games)

2000ish-- Shenmue

Nowish-- Crysis, GTA 4

Futurish-- Mass Effect 2

D2 takes my 2nd place. I as well sunk a crap ton of time into that game. If it wasn't for WoW, it'd be 1st place.

C'mon "TRY HARDER"

1970s
Pong (LOL)
Rock Paper Scissors (what else could you play on a pc then).

1980s
Star Trek
Lunar Lander
Star Glider (Amiga)
Marble Madness
Utopia (intelivision)

1990s
Duke Nukem, Shrapmel City, 3D, DC etc.
Blackthorne (double shotgun wielding hero).
Sim City I, II
Civ I,II,III
Populous "The beginning"

2000s
Stronghold I, II
Civ IV
Sim City III, until societies killed it.

Last edited:
Starcraft, Diablo II, Warcraft 3 (DOTA), and Team Fortress 2, all these games seem to have lasted the test of time for me and each have gave me hours and hours of entertainment.

Like most people here I am waiting for Diablo III also. I might pass on Sc2 though.

The games I've played the most, ever, are the GTA and HL series. Well I played WoW on and off for a year, but I don't count that. :)

Back