• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The best PC game you've ever played?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
eh i think it was the 80's late 80's snoopy game i think on ibm or mac, each level all was on a single screen and their would be a number on the ground threw out the level i think u had to space bar on each number and make them all the same or something and work your way to the top was rough. Wish i knew what it was lol.

90's tie between quake 2 and half life.

2000's I have to say WoW it stole my soul for a few years till i broke free.

2010+ diablo 3 if my computer can run it.

I didn't think that I should include 1980's simply because I couldn't think of any games =P
Now I'm going to go and re-install HL, quake. This thread was actually for some suggestions of games to re-play and it has been a huge sucess. Thanks to everyone who responded. =)

1990s: Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness
2000s: Call of Duty 4 / World of Warcraft
2010/future: Battlefield Bad Company 2 / BF3

1980's: Ultima 5
1990's: Master of Magic (1)
2000's: World of Warcraft (2)
2010's: Final Fantasy 13/14?

1)VERY tough call, so many good games in the 90's.
2)Another tough call simply because nothing was all that great. WoW won by sucking up more time than any other game

C'mon "TRY HARDER"

1970s
Pong (LOL)
Rock Paper Scissors (what else could you play on a pc then).

1980s
Star Trek
Lunar Lander
Star Glider (Amiga)
Marble Madness
Utopia (intelivision)

1990s
Duke Nukem, Shrapmel City, 3D, DC etc.
Blackthorne (double shotgun wielding hero).
Sim City I, II
Civ I,II,III
Populous "The beginning"

2000s
Stronghold I, II
Civ IV
Sim City III, until societies killed it.

Marble Madness!!! I haven't thought about that game in years. Great game though.

1990s: Total Annihilation
2000s: Supreme Commander/Crysis
2010s: Assassin's Creed 2/Crysis 2

1990's Unreal 1 close 2nd HL1
2000's HL2 & Episodes close 2nd Fallout3
2010 donno yet

Favorite game of the 1990's: Ultima 5 for COmmodore 64 (wasted a lot of time on this game instead of doing homeworks)

Favorite game of the 2000's Everquest (sadly it's not as good as it used to be)

Favorite game of the 2010's *most looking forward to* Duke Nukem Forever. This has been "planned" for over a decade now and I can expect it to be still "expected" throughout 2010's.

Favorite game of the 1990's - Sim City 3000 - played it weekly until SimCity4 came out.
Favorite game of the 2000's - TF2 - over 1000 hours played since launch...
Favorite game of the 2010's - Probably some MMO. EVE?

Too many to list for me...
WCII, Diablo I and II, HOMM 1-5, Portal, WoW, and Dragon Age Origins is quickly climbing my list.

90's: XCOM

Recent: Can I count the orange box as 1 game?

Future: Diablo III, for sure... and I hold out hope for The Old Republic though I swore to never play an MMORPG again. I'll wait for reviews and opinions to see if its mind blowing.

1990s:
Quake 2
Counter-Strike

2000s:
Counter-Strike: Source
GTA 3 <3
Fable 1
Star Wars KOTOR 2

2008-Current:
Left 4 Dead
GTA 4
Dragon Age