• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The big 3080 RTX SCAM and FLOP! New news you must know!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
For all of you complaining about lack of inventory and never seeing any cards available would you be willing to pay $200 above cost+shipping+my tax to get a card? They are available, I see them all the time. It can be luck of the draw being able to check out with it, but they are out there.

So $800? Yes, I would probably pay that for one depending on which model it is.

So $800? Yes, I would probably pay that for one depending on which model it is.
That comes to more like $950...$700+.06 tax(Or whatever WA is) $743+200+$20 shipping=$963... I would pay $100 over or $863 but $963 is too much for me.

I game some, but most of the time I just need it to run fah...I would like to get 2 of them. RTX 3080's that is.

That comes to more like $950...$700+.06 tax(Or whatever WA is) $743+200+$20 shipping=$963... I would pay $100 over or $863 but $963 is too much for me.

I game some, but most of the time I just need it to run fah...I would like to get 2 of them. RTX 3080's that is.

what tax? There is no tax on Internet sales--especially private party sales.

There's tax on internet sales... Newegg charges tax... microcenter... B&H. Private party sales is a different thing.

It seems like he's saying he can get one from somewhere online for an inflated price that includes taxes and his own fee(?).

There is sales tax on Washington State. 10%ish. Plus shipping to me and then shipping to you.

They are out there at MSRP online and in person. Newegg & Best Buy have drops every couple of days.

So if you want a card but don't want to put any effort into finding one I can do the effort part for you.

You'd pay:

The amount it cost to get the card to me + shipping to you and my $200 fee

So yes it would be a premium. But it's better than nothing.

I've found myself a card, had a card in my cart at Newegg only to be thwarted at the last minute by an expired card. I've watched multiple card drops and didn't pull the trigger because I had no personal need.

Your best bet is the eVGA waiting list. I've already received a 3080 ftw and a 3070 from it. Otherwise you have to stalk the websites at their stock times. Hopefully you are already on eVGA the list.

Also its not like the AMD cards are any more available these days.

I got a 3070 from the waitlist. Only took a few days for me to get an email to buy a card. I did sign up 2 min after the cards were released though.

I did step up from that 3070 to a 3080 FTW Ultra or whatever specific model it is. Still waiting on that to go through.

In EU, RTX3000 EVGA doesn't even exist ... unless you order from weird stores or Amazon sellers (not official store as they don't have it). EVGA store is like dead for weeks and shipping is from Taiwan. There is no waiting list in the EU. In the US it looks pretty good it seems. On the other hand, in EU there is a higher chance to get everything else. More stores get these cards and in higher quantities than in the US, but mostly RTX3060Ti/3070. RTX3080 is hard to get and RTX3090 is already starting to collect dust in stores as its prices are way too high. With RTX3080 is the biggest problem and many stores are now delivering cards that were ordered in September. Now think you wanted to get Radeon RX6800/XT and you have a chance like 1:500 to get one compared to Nvidia. Literally, in the largest stores I see deliveries/sales counted like 1 RX6800XT vs 500 RTX3070/3080. I'm not complaining as I replaced my old cards with RTX3070 in gaming PC and RX6800XT in test/review rig.

Thank god Nvidia is not in charge of vaccine distribution. We would all be dead by the time things went through. To say they screwed this up on a massive scale would be a monumental understatement. Within 24 hours of vaccine approval, more than 1 million doses were already in the mail. Maybe Nvidia should hire someone from the pharmaceutical industry to do their supply chain management...

I mean, they are not even meeting like 5% of their demand. Did they honestly think they would only be able to sell 1/20th of the cards that people are asking for? If they honestly thought demand would be that low, why even develop the product in the first place? Just idiocy all around from those guys.

Did I miss something? I can't see any stock for AMDs 6800XT also. Is this an Nvidia only issue? Maybe Bill Gates took up all the silicon stock for all those vaccine shots. /sarcasm

Guess no one told him demand this year is insane and it was the holiday season. Also pretty sure there are less silicon fabs than pharmaceutical companies...

Nvidia, AMD, Intel and others base their production rates on year over year results. They are not going to build new fabrication facilities to fill this temporary boost in sales unless that boost will last several years to recoup costs and return profit.

So if AMD or Nvidia sell 1,000,000 GPUs per year for the last 10 years and they predict that they will sell 1,000,000 GPUs per year for the next 10 years they are not going to spend money to increase production for a one year blip in demand. Especially if you factor in after Covid lockdowns ease there may be a slow down in PC and component sales since so many people bought a PC or component this year.

BUT BUT BUT BUTTTTTTT They made a gazillion vaccines in a short time, why cant they do the same for GPUs? Those vaccines are guaranteed to be purchased by governments as in contracts have been signed stating XYZ government is purchasing 123 amount. And that Covid vaccine is probably going to be in demand for many years to come. Those Pharma companies know their future profits, today.

Now if every government in the world were to sign some guaranteed contracts for 3000 & 6000 series GPUs AMD and Nvidia would ramp up production because the guaranteed money would be there and they too could predict future profits.

My offer still stands. If you want a GPU that bad I will charge a $200 finders fee over all costs and get you a current Gen GPU. They exist and unlike the Covid vaccine anyone can get one.

Guess no one told him demand this year is insane and it was the holiday season. Also pretty sure there are less silicon fabs than pharmaceutical companies...

I doubt it. Every person on the planet in a first world country owns dozens of different pieces of equipment with processors in it. On the other hand, maybe only 50% of Americans take a medication and most only take one if they do. Holiday season? Sorry, I guess I missed the part where holidays only came into existence in 2020 and they werent a thing prior to this year. Makes sense--no way to forecast that, right?

This has been described as Black Friday sales volume for months. It's a thing, everyone is at home and specifically needs a computer. Creating a new fab is different not just because the demand is temporary but because the process itself has an expiration date. TSMC is already working on 5nm and 3nm stuff and they're not going to stop investing in their future to increase capacity to produce something that is going to be obsolete in 12 months, even if demand is astronomical. I'm sure Samsung is in the same boat with the nVidia chips. Just be grateful that another fab found it's way onto the market because if Ampere was on TSMC's shoulders as well it really would be vaporware.

I doubt it. Every person on the planet in a first world country owns dozens of different pieces of equipment with processors in it. On the other hand, maybe only 50% of Americans take a medication and most only take one if they do. Holiday season? Sorry, I guess I missed the part where holidays only came into existence in 2020 and they werent a thing prior to this year. Makes sense--no way to forecast that, right?
Yikes.

My dude... lack of silicon..larger die = less per wafer..yields...bots and scalpers...it's all there, but you're choosing to believe whatever is in your head instead of looking at the facts.

What are you even ranting about??? Lol

Yikes.

My dude... lack of silicon..larger die = less per wafer..yields...bots and scalpers...it's all there, but you're choosing to believe whatever is in your head instead of looking at the facts.

What are you even ranting about??? Lol

Nvidia doing a crappy job. By the time the average Joe actually gets any of these cards, the 4000 series will probably be out...

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

It's a thing, everyone is at home and specifically needs a computer.

Not really. When lockdowns were hard in effect everyone was at home. At this point most people just dont give a damn anymore and they are living life as normal. Cell phone tracking data across the country is showing only about a 10-15% decrease in automobile traffic relative to pre-covid days. Completely full parking lots at Wal-Mart will also argue that people are done with staying home. Also, about 20 million Americans dont have a job right now, so even though more people are at home, the number of those able to afford a new computer is less than pre-covid days, ultimately evening things out more or less anyway.

Yes they do exist. I could have bought a couple now if I was willing to drop $2500 on a card, that's retail here for MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio that was here in Kingston too actually had the card in my hand just wasn't willing to spend that much on a video card. There have been quite a few 3090's come through Canada computer some 3080's as well if I was willing to drive 4 or 5 hours round trip for it. Considering I have not been looking, says a lot to. Now I have not seen any online NewEgg sells out as fast as they get them, since my wife passed this summer I just haven't had the time combine the work load at work I am a contractor for Canada Post we have bee doing Christmas level delivery since February.

Let's not mention Covid causing potential staffing issues in the production and shipping lines...

Using myself as an example I buy a new video card once every several years. Also I usually buy midrange in the current gaming product line (I exclude cards purpose built for work.) This year I bought a 5700XT which was top of AMD's 5000 series line. And then I bought a 3080. So maybe the shortage is because of me? My RX570 8GB didn't desperately need replacing. Shoot, it's all my fault. I'm sorry guys.

Let's not mention Covid causing potential staffing issues in the production and shipping lines...

Using myself as an example I buy a new video card once every several years. Also I usually buy midrange in the current gaming product line (I exclude cards purpose built for work.) This year I bought a 5700XT which was top of AMD's 5000 series line. And then I bought a 3080. So maybe the shortage is because of me? My RX570 8GB didn't desperately need replacing. Shoot, it's all my fault. I'm sorry guys.

Redeem yourself by selling me your 3080 for a good price. I am in desperate need of one, my 2080Ti cant play Cyberpunk 2077 at 4k on all max settings without seeing dips into the 40s and that brings the worst kind of pain imaginable.

Back