• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Black Hole...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheQuadFather

Im asking your guys opinions on this one, i was thinking of buying a silver tj07 and painting the inside jet black and adding a monolithlic tinted side window on it, giving the effect of a black abyss in my computer :) i was thinking if you guys think it would look good...

BeHappy

+1 about tubing. Get some quality colored tubing and skip any unnecessary additives into you water loop.

You cant really tell the difference between colored tubing and dye, except inside the reservoir and in the gunk you might find from the dye building up inside your blocks.

x30Jx

Um... Why tubing?

If you want to emulate a black hole, make a sphere and paint it a MATTE black. Black holes look like a void in space, not a square computer case with colored tubing...

Dooms101

Actually black holes aren't a void in space, they're an infinite vacuum that bends space time in a finite space. But anyways... I have quite a few blue LED fans around my case, and when you look inside no matter the time of day you kind of get the sensation that you're peering into a black abyss. It sorta just looks like a motherboard floating in pitch black even with lots of blue LEDs. Although... my LEDs are kind of dim.

Nechen

Actually black holes aren't a void in space, they're an infinite vacuum that bends space time in a finite space. But anyways... I have quite a few blue LED fans around my case, and when you look inside no matter the time of day you kind of get the sensation that you're peering into a black abyss. It sorta just looks like a motherboard floating in pitch black even with lots of blue LEDs. Although... my LEDs are kind of dim.

God you're sexy

Dooms101

@String Chess

Yes thank you.

Anyways, back on topic. I think a regular clear panel with matte/flat black interior and dim LED lighting would look awesome. Since I have that right now =) The Cooler Master R4 120mm Blue LED fans don't give off alot of light and would work really well for this.

atomic ferret

You could even get the outside of the case painted a different color besides silver...maybe white or something to contrast the black...

Dooms101

NO!!!!! Never paint over the beautifulness that is brushed aluminum! How dare you atomic ferret!

No, but really, brushed aluminum already looks amazing.

Jeffery_Paul

Registered
A sexy blue would look nice on the outside. with matt black on the inside, and no lights other than the small UV cathode to illuminate the UV reactive TUBING that runs DISTILLED WATER (with a biocide like PT Nuke PHN or a piece of pure silver) would actually look good.

I think lights on the motherboard and such might take from the effect, and if the UV cathode is too bright it might light up too much of the case to make it look like a void (that's why I'd avoid the LED ones, they are much brighter).

If you wanted to be clever, make sure the motherboard is not bright and such, and try something like.....

UV reactive sleaving on teh cables, UV reactive tubing and a sound sensitive UV CCFL, the dark abyss that is your computer would flash with striking displays of the tubing and wires

Or even better, try BLACK tubing, with UV reactive anti kink coils, that would look incredible if the only light inside the case is UV

But I do suggest painting the case blue haha