• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Build up & Upgrading of my Win 98 Box

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah that looks fine to me. Plenty of CNC machines use those strips for AC mains.

Well, after some stability issues, I decided to swap HDDs and reinstall windows. But before, I had 98, now I have 98SE. Anyway, it's much more responsive, and missing a lot of the crap from the original install. Drivers for the 440 chipset, VooDoo 5 55000, AWE 64 Gold, and 3Com 10/100 PCI all installed. Now on a semi-modern 20 GB samsung vs the old 6 or 8 gig Maxtor.

Added some album art to the Plus! theme I was using...
attachment.php

Attachments

• wallpaper.jpg
    wallpaper.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 582
^ Thanks man :)

Will try and get some more pics up this weekend. Considering WCing it, but in a clean way that doesn't involve cutting the case. Maybe a couple 80mm holes though.

more games to the list!

Doom, Doom2, Heretic, Hexen, Shadow Warrior with the 3DFX patch!, Decent, Decent II, Total Annihilation, WarCraft, WarCraft II, C&C RA II is a must! best CC ever! though i could still say get CC RA as well Command and Conquer. i know im missing some here, o wait how could i forget these!!!! System Shock, System Shock II, HomeWorld, and lastly Homeworld II.

omg i cant believe i almost for got, RISE OF THE TRIAD! if you want something of a early windows thorw back, half life. speaking of wich i have all the exps for half life they have sold. LOL

Don't forget such classics as Commander Keen, the original side scrolling Duke Nukems, Halloween Harry, and the unforgettable Redneck Rampage (ever get the urge to shove dynamite up a chicken's rear to see what happens? lol)

WOW... this brings back memory's,I never could get redneck rampage to work correctly. I still have all those games in a box, Doom 1-2 came on disk,Hexon,heritic I think I also have manuals to go with sum.Sorry I got off topic,love your build

Disks only :/ Before the housefire I still had all my DOS game diskettes ranging from Commander Keen, Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Quarantine, etc :p Fun times, but gone are those diskette days :p

I've got the Blood shareware CD, but was playing it years before downloading on 56k :)

Didn't know the full game was on two discs! I'd only downloaded it, 40 - 50 MB or so... Hmm, I must be missing out...

This is awesome!

Defiantly going to try to revive that old Duron I pooched a while ago.
Think I might throw together a retro rig. Got old parts lying around anyway :p

ISA 16Bit Sound Blaster anyone? :D

Back