• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the cheap ddr2 thread! ($68 kingston 1gb ddr2 667, $130 2gb super tallent 667)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah I will find out friday if mine are worth a damn, good thing I only ordered 1 set so far, even if they only hit 800 at 5-5-5-x its stilla good deal bro.

Isn't 1:1 harder on ram though? Will these do 500 1:1? Bah, I need my CPU/GPU to get here so I can test these kingstons out... talk about paperweights...

JustChill said:
G.D. it I got this kingston crap from the egg and it has nanya 0651 chips on it. I purchased 4 gigs of it too. Well maybe I will RMA, then rebuy to see if I can get the same ic's that watzz got..... anyone know how these recent nanya chips OC ....I know there prev. chips were a bit slow... I belive these are made in Singapore...aaaa well you W some you L some...
JC

d94's look like those same Nanya chips to me and he got 400MHz 4-4-4-4. I can't see all of Wattz' sticks though but they don't look like they have the same first line on the IC. Wattz give us a better picture :p

Well my super talents aren't doing so good. Trouble getting them stable at 400 5-6-6-18 and I've even tried up to 2.2v...
Oh well I guess I'll run them on a lower divider and take the performance hit, I wasn't expecting too much at the 120 dollar price tag.

toddm27 said:
I should have a couple sets of the supertalent by the end of the week, hoping for 500+ if so, byebye 10th anni :D
You kidding why would you get rid of those....

EezurpaiN said:
You kidding why would you get rid of those....
because in my mind double the price isn't worth going from 5-5-5-15 to 4-4-3-8, but they're listed in the classifieds:beer:

i got 2gb of this kingston in with the nanya chips.
wont do cas 4 at 333 wont boot at 367 LOL did boot at 356...

still not bad for 140 bux can get a 6600 3.0+

crap I deleted the pic by mistake, i'll get the numbers for ya if you really want them though dude, I got another pair coming too lmao

Maviryk said:
What's the number for the Nanya chips?

Mine both say:

S76575
0702 S03
D6408TEBGGL3U
looks like you got lucky
WaTTz said:
Heres mine on P965 Asus Deluxe ;)

IC = ?

950MHz 5-5-5-15 2.0v

4-4-4? Your next :)