• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the cheap ddr2 thread! ($68 kingston 1gb ddr2 667, $130 2gb super tallent 667)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadMan007

Magical Leopluridon Senior
Yes I have had that list bookmarked for ages. Plus it's not really complete, not that I would expect it to be it's just one guy doing it for fun, for example there's no Kingston DDR2-667. But no list like that will be reliable for value Ram - the topic of this thread - where the IC used depends on what deal the stick maker happens to get for a given production run.

Last edited:

MadMan007

Ok, here's time to rant on one of my pet peeves. Calling any Micron IC 'D9' is like calling any C2D made in 2006 an 'L6' - they are just the beginning two letters. Get the guy at Buffalo to give you the full IC name and you've found out something interesting.

MadMan007

Not sure how I'm wrong my analogy fits perfectly, but also goes along with what you said 'some are better than others'. What did he tell you then?

p.s. I'm in a ****y mood because of the Newegg Foxconn mislisting, I should have had my new graphics card today at the latest but now it won't be until next Tuesday.

EezurpaiN

toddm27 said:
because in my mind double the price isn't worth going from 5-5-5-15 to 4-4-3-8, but they're listed in the classifieds:beer:
Unfortunately some of us cant see the classies!

Fervor

Registered
Ugh,

Well one of my 10th anniversarys died and newegg just refunded my money because they did not have any replacements.

So I bought the 667 value kingstons but got the Nanyas :(... I have to do 6-6-6-15 at 2.25 volts just to post at 400 unstable. This after running 24/7 with 4-4-4-12 at 475 which is well worth the extra $80 difference I payed for the microns IMO. So now I'm going to sell the Kingstons.

I ordered the PC2-8500 Firestixs yesterday afternoon. Like Wattz said... they should have GKX and I'll post pictures when I get them.

The 2 GB kit is on back order but the single sticks don't look like they are.
http://www.shopatbuffalotech.com/cart/product.php?productid=16421&cat=42023&bestseller

P.S. I think those Firestix on the Egg are GMH but its still a heck of a deal.

Edit: Looks like the single sticks are OOS too and they raised the price from $105 per GB to $140 :(. Hope my order still goes though.....

Edit #2: Just got an email saying my order was back ordered. "All backorders will be using the same Micron chips, unless you are notified otherwise."

Last edited:

Moto7451

Senior Something
Mine are sitting at a bit over 7K MB at 932Mhz (you're going to laugh at this next part) 5-6-6-18-26 etc etc everything at its loosest with 2T command rate @ 2.2v. Performance seems good. I'll need to do some benches at 700MHz 4-3-3-12-16 v.s. the settings I'm currently priming at and see which is faster in games.

Rattle

Fervor said:
Ugh,

Well one of my 10th anniversarys died and newegg just refunded my money because they did not have any replacements.

So I bought the 667 value kingstons but got the Nanyas :(... I have to do 6-6-6-15 at 2.25 volts just to post at 400 unstable. This after running 24/7 with 4-4-4-12 at 475 which is well worth the extra $80 difference I payed for the microns IMO. So now I'm going to sell the Kingstons.

I ordered the PC2-8500 Firestixs yesterday afternoon. Like Wattz said... they should have GKX and I'll post pictures when I get them.

The 2 GB kit is on back order but the single sticks don't look like they are.
http://www.shopatbuffalotech.com/cart/product.php?productid=16421&cat=42023&bestseller

P.S. I think those Firestix on the Egg are GMH but its still a heck of a deal.

Edit: Looks like the single sticks are OOS too and they raised the price from $105 per GB to $140 :(. Hope my order still goes though.....

Edit #2: Just got an email saying my order was back ordered. "All backorders will be using the same Micron chips, unless you are notified otherwise."

grab the instead if you dont wanna wait
https://www.shopatbuffalotech.com/cart/product.php?productid=16434&cat=42023&page=3

Vengance_01

Here is some results on the super talent. Mine was from the first batch B/F it when OOS. DDR800 4/4/4/12 2.1 volts no extra cooling. I am guessing these things can do close to DDR 900 at 4/4/4/12 which is fantasic for the price I paided 118-5$:)

Rattle

my second set of the kingstons have the kingston D6 Ic's

not as good as wa77ss but my mobo isnt as good at clocking ram either.

couldnt boot at 4 cas at 400mhz even with 2.2v

this is 2.0v ram timings on auto, maybe they'll do better in the p5b rev 1,03g i should have any day now...

Attachments

• kingston 667's ! (Large).JPG
    kingston 667's ! (Large).JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 311

funnyperson1

With 2V my Nanya can only do C4 timings up to around 280Mhz (SPD is C4 at 266), after that it freezes. Will not do 533 divider C5 at all at the cpu speeds I want (I guess 380mhz or so), it will boot, but won't boot windows. These are quite mediocre overclockers, wish I had seen the ST stuff first.