• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Day 'Dozer Debacle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Panic is also a terrible thing, sounds like AMD saw they started loosing ground and turned focus to discredit BAPco benchmark rather than focusing on engineering

I am 100% sure that I read this article a couple oc montj ago, at least the last paragraph... My memory never lets me down.
I thought it was a scam at the time, you know, someone got money or advantage from Intel...
Well, it looks like I was wrong and the source was right... Who saod conspiracy theorizers were wrong? not me anymore...

Ya i read that one too very interesting. The whole availability of the chips and everything also comes into question.

It almost seemed like they really forced this launch because of pressure, and it shows.

If I was the ceo i would have put a 2600k in my desk and told the engineers to give me a reason to change that. lol

I mean the inefficiency alone of the power consumption and design would have made me put a big stop on the launch and slap some engineers lol

Ya i read that one too very interesting. The whole availability of the chips and everything also comes into question.

It almost seemed like they really forced this launch because of pressure, and it shows.

If I was the ceo i would have put a 2600k in my desk and told the engineers to give me a reason to change that. lol

I mean the inefficiency alone of the power consumption and design would have made me put a big stop on the launch and slap some engineers lol

That is what a true leader and strategic thinker would have done:salute:

Add another "it must be the software" tot he benchmarks, people are saying that most of the asus boards used in testing had bios issues and that that might have affected results.

I would love to see some linux benches to see how the whole "software /scheduler" thing plays out.

I have seenthe windows 8 performance increase benches, but it also increases the i7 performance as well. SO that becomes a moot point.

That is what a true leader and strategic thinker would have done:salute:

It reminds me my buddy is in marketing, and when his office saw the mess in his car they made him empty is trash from his car and sit with it on his desk for a day. Then they made him keep one of the lamps he had in the car cluter of garbage on his desk for the rest of his employment. I think thats a hilarious reminder of being prideful and efficient in every aspect of your life.

Maybe they should do that with their engineers.

I have seenthe windows 8 performance increase benches, but it also increases the i7 performance as well. SO that becomes a moot point.

No it is all the benckmarks and software that are the problem.

I am now selling blocks of wood for 280 a pop that run at infinate Thz but the OS will not run on them.

No it is all the benckmarks and software that are the problem.

I am now selling blocks of wood for 280 a pop that run at infinate Thz but the OS will not run on them.

Ya im no software expert, i just build fix manage pc's for a living, but that wood is sure looking fine right about now! Is it pressure treated too?

Sad thing is, I was really hoping I could buy a new AMD cpu. I've been using Intel for 5 years now and I miss amd. Not so much now.

People still buy the 4 cyl because they don't understand that Diesel engines (especially modern ones) are actually quite power and fuel efficient when done right.

Guys we may be making some proud new BD owners feel bad here it is fun and all but we are being almost mean.

Last edited:
Guys we may be making some proud new BD owners feel bad here it is fun and all but we are being almose mean.

No your right and by all means we are knocking it harder then it deserves, If you have on in your pc performance wise im sure your still gonna be happy. I would still buy one if a refresh comes out that streamlines and makes it more efficient.

Lets give credit where credit is due. Amd has come close to matching/ surpassing i5 performance and that alone is a step in the right direction. I don't car ehow many cores modules it takes to do that, cause the bottmline is when a chip is plugged in either way, how it performs versus what its made from is what matters.

Last edited:
People still buy the 4 cyl because they don't understand that Diesel engines (especially modern ones) are actually quite power and fuel efficient when done right.

Big NO NO: most efficient engines are 2 strokes. If manufacturers would have work on them, they would produce almost zero pollution and almost twice the output than any 4 strokes diesel/gas engine.

EDIT: BTW, most of diesel engines are 4 cyl...

read that article posted by James, I've worked for companies with bad leadership, they destroy everything they touch, ruin moral and force everyone to use inferior products and then try to make it work and pull out a miracle. all the talent leaves and more work load and less money awaits those that stay.
unfortunately even if the head person leaves, if there are any of the upper management with the same old way of thinking stay, they just continue to infect everything. Somehow I hope AMD pulls out a CEO to fix this all, but really, i doubt it, those kind of corporate cultures are hard to get rid of.

Guys we may be making some proud new BD owners feel bad here it is fun and all but we are being almost mean.

No, I don't think that we are being too hard on BD. If we're being hard, it's because we care.

I myself was actually looking forward to this launch, as I thought I could get a decent drop-in upgrade on my backup phenom rig (need to update my sig, lol). As you saw in the BD rumors thread, I was always skeptical about AMD's claims, especially after seeing the TDP estimates. I had thought that I had some realistic expectations for what BD would be like.

But **** it, there's no way that this even justifies upgrading from my unlocked phenom II quad.

I wanted bulldozer, BADLY. I waited till it was released to do anything, partly because I was happy with my PC and partly because I wanted an AMD rig again and it ran BC2 perfectly.

My first sandy setup will be here monday lol, along with a couple sexy GPU's and 8gb of ram. The bf3 rig shall we say?

Back