• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The end of Alan Wake on steam.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
Thanks for the heads up. Going to try and buy it tomorrow... though at 10am tomorrow U.S. time it's more like 5pm here... Saturday night... but I'll try to remember.

OP
Soulcatcher668

Soulcatcher668

Kind of.... but not really.

I guarantee you will not regret the purchase.

I will gift the game to the next three forum members that want it. Just PM me your steam name.
Because I cannot horde gift codes for this....... when the game is gone..... so is this offer.

Steam redoing the gift system means that gifting is severely restricted now. Sorry I have to revoke this offer.

Last edited:

rainless

Old Member
Kind of.... but not really.

I guarantee you will not regret the purchase.

I will gift the game to the next three forum members that want it. Just PM me your steam name.

Because I cannot horde gift codes for this....... when the game is gone..... so is this offer.

PM Sent!

OP
Soulcatcher668

Soulcatcher668

FFS...... Steam has made the gifting system unusable. I may or may not be able to gift depending on your region.

I tried to send a code to Torin3 and got this.....

fk.JPG

rainless

Old Member
The game is pretty interesting so far... Don't know if it ever becomes more involved than shining a flashlight and shooting a gun... but the story-telling is well-done. Very David Lynch-like! :)

Ah, that's why they had the sale. Very good game and was actually one of the main struggles I had trying to decide between an Xbox 360 and PS3 - ended up going with the PS3 after it was announced AW was being ported to PC.

But really? Due to music licensing? Can't remember the music, but I assumed most of it was composed for the game... Shame, one of my favorite car games (4x4 Evo 2) went out in a similar fashion - they lost the licensing for the vehicles.

OP
Soulcatcher668

Soulcatcher668

Are you able to send it over a trade / trade offer?

Because I own it, I cannot even buy another copy. In order to try and beat out the G2A like sites they have destroyed the gifting/trading system.

You can not buy multiple copies of a game and store them for later. They must be gifted immediately to someone on your friends list. Apparently all your friends must live in your immediate region as well.

motherboard1

I just found out about the new restrictions to trading a few days ago, it's heart breaking, I used to snatch up titles on sale that I wasn't sure what to do with, and store them in my Inventory, or buy multiple copies of coops games like Payday 2, or Portal 2, Dying light, and Keep the extra in case I ever get the time to setup 2 accounts or whatever. This SUCKS, and I let it be known in the STEAM forums.

rainless

Old Member
But really? Due to music licensing? Can't remember the music, but I assumed most of it was composed for the game... S

JESUS no! Did you ever turn on a radio in the game? Or listen to the music between episodes? No video game score composer came up with that! Hell... HALF the music in the game is Roy Orbison. But there's also Tom Waits, David Bowie, and I think some Hank Williams. How in the world did you not notice that?! :p

Anyway it's a whole thing.. Happens to a LOT of games. That's why the Tony Hawk games were never re-released and they had to come up with "Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD" with like HALF the music from the original games. So make a note of that if you ever become a game developer: USE ORIGINAL MUSIC. Or hire local indie rock bands so that you can have them compose music specifically for the game (Like Life Seeker's "Gone Guru" in Dead Rising.) That way you'll have much more control over distribution in the long run.

And yeah... The era of everything being "region restricted" MUST END. It's STUPID. It's usually all the EXACT SAME COMPANY and all it does is make the profits for the European or American division make a little bit better or worse per quarter when ultimately it doesn't matter AT ALL.

And yeah... The era of everything being "region restricted" MUST END. It's STUPID. It's usually all the EXACT SAME COMPANY and all it does is make the profits for the European or American division make a little bit better or worse per quarter when ultimately it doesn't matter AT ALL.

It's not which division gets the profits, it's a way to make more profits. Pricing control, and stops those evil resellers from following one of the basic rules of economics - buy low, sell high.