• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The end of MBM5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyrinon

Looks like Alex (author of MBM) is stopping development of the program after working hard on it for seven and a half years due to not having the time and changes in the computer industry (among other things). Alex posted this news today on the Motherboard Monitor home page here. Kind of a bum deal as I finally decided to check the program out... :(

Well, good luck Alex on future projects!

enduro

Oh, man. That really sucks. That has to be one of the best tools for the overclocker. My temp. readings were always accurate and agreed w/ BIOS. IMO, it was an awesome program. Good job Alex, for 7.5 years of dedication.

Gautam

Senior Benchmark Addict
The accuracy has nothing to do with MBM5. People always seem to blame it for misreported temps. MBM5 simply uses the data given by the motherboard's sensors.

In any case, it was a wonderful piece of software. Really a pity it has to come to an end, but all good things do, I guess.

Jiggahurtz

Disabled
:cry: Today is a sad day indeed. I love my MBM it doesn't load my cpu like the one msi tries to make people use.

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
"I will keep answering the forum and mail for a few weeks, this page will be up and running for as long as livewiredev decides.

Thank you all for using and supporting MBM over all those years.

-Alex"

No Alex, THANK YOU!

B.

unreal

Registered
hell i still use it, itisnt the best for checking for oc'ing but i still use it for general temps.

theELVISCERATOR

Tyrinon said:
Looks like Alex (author of MBM) is stopping development of the program after working hard on it for seven and a half years due to not having the time and changes in the computer industry (among other things). Alex posted this news today on the Motherboard Monitor home page here. Kind of a bum deal as I finally decided to check the program out... :(

Well, good luck Alex on future projects!

Thanks to alex for countless hours of toil.....Hail! Hail!

gustav

I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but hopefully not as people on these boards are generally nice ;). I really didn't like MBM5 personally. Thats just my opinion, I found it hard to use and configure. I like things to "do it all". While MBM5 is great for temps amoung a few other things, it doesn't tell you everything about your computer. For that, I like Aida32 (although they've stopped developement on it as well). The thing I like about Aida32 is that it tells you info not only about your temps, vcore and all that jazz, but about everything else on your computer. Hardware, who makes it, whats it is, the speed its running, bandwidth your getting, software, what licenses you have for programs, programs running, services, network info, and it goes on and on. Its really nice. :)

Either way, I'm sure the maker of the program, Alex, was a great guy and for some, he made a great program!

tbones1337

hmm... he should make it open source.. so people can keep on making it compatible with all the new boarda and not one person has to do it.. source forge it and then many people can work on it.. and all hail to the creator..