• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The future of the updates.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
7 people to be interviewed. I'm told not to get my hopes down and I won't. I'ma gonna' show them sona ******* what's what and so forth. Yeper.

7 people to be interviewed. I'm told not to get my hopes down and I won't. I'ma gonna' show them sona ******* what's what and so forth. Yeper.

It has been my experience, that 75% of jobs openings are fixed in some way. ie: relative, friend, favor owed, targeted job, etc.
So not getting a job is usually not just about how good you are but also how suitable you are in the eyes of the managers.
The word suitable is so nebulous that almost anyone can qualify if necessary.
This is how seemingly incompetent people get jobs.

It has been my experience, that 75% of jobs openings are fixed in some way. ie: relative, friend, favor owed, targeted job, etc.
So not getting a job is usually not just about how good you are but also how suitable you are in the eyes of the managers.
The word suitable is so nebulous that almost anyone can qualify if necessary.
This is how seemingly incompetent people get jobs.

I'm not that incompetent. In fact, I have yet to be promoted above my abilities though that is the plan.

I'm not that incompetent. In fact, I have yet to be promoted above my abilities though that is the plan.

Well then if you are not yet incompetent, you have several more promotions waiting
so you can reach your highest level of incompetence !

I just had my interview today. I was the first so I could either tank so bad that I don't have a chance or I did well enough that I still have a chance. I think I still have a chance.

I just had my interview today. I was the first so I could either tank so bad that I don't have a chance or I did well enough that I still have a chance. I think I still have a chance.

I like to think you did so well everyone after you will appear awful at best :thup:

They finally announced. The job did not go to an internal candidate. Time to start looking outside. I will survive.

Back