• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Google Factor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KaHNZa

I have a very simple question. How did google get all its people and processing power? I see no ads on thier website for it or anything. I'm just confused thats all. :)

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
KaHNZa said:
I have a very simple question. How did google get all its people and processing power? I see no ads on thier website for it or anything. I'm just confused thats all. :)

people go download the Google Toolbar and they see a thing are on there that says "NEW" so they click it and it takes them to to the google FAH FAQ and installs the client and what not and there you go! no need to advertise on the page the toolbar did it itself and many chose to help out.

FOLD ON
NAS

OP
KaHNZa

KaHNZa

Hmmmm, thats interesting. That hardly seems fair to us. But then again its helping out the project A LOT!

NASsoccer

KaHNZa said:
Hmmmm, thats interesting. That hardly seems fair to us. But then again its helping out the project A LOT!

yeah, the general stance is to just view google as default II not as a team, since their users do not know each other and have no basis/forum.

FOLD ON
NAS

gtsimmo

So what happens if google decides to host a forum for where they can actually get together??? Hehe then it'll be hard to just consider them a default team.

NASsoccer

oh yeah just saw this today... go to the stanford folding site and then click on the help link...

Google is now supporting [email protected] With Google engineers, we have integrated [email protected] into the Google toolbar. You can activate [email protected] by going to http://toolbar.google.com/dc/aboutdc.html You can also check out their FAQ. Finally, if you're having trouble with the Google toolbar, you can contact Google support. Please do not contact them about non-toolbar related issues with [email protected]

that will bring them lots of attention, the same with the mention on TSS they got, will get a lot folding that normally wouldn't have :D:D

FOLD ON
NAS