• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The horrible, unedited truth about Apple Authorized Service Providers.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would think it is obvious by now that the manufacturers, all of them, have no consideration for longevity of devices if it makes them no money. My $200 xiaomi's screen broke (phone still worked fine btw and the glass was completely shattered edge to edge) and as easy as it was to take it apart and put it back together, I gave up after being sent the wrong part by some morons in texas. The $630 sony z3 I had with glass both sides? LMAO, one little crack and phone is unusable. $175 to fix the front glass and that took a month. It promptly broke a week later and I was forced to simply buy a new phone as I was unwilling to put more $ or time into it. Any device with edge to edge glass both sides is the manufacturers favorite design because they know it will break and they will then be able to sell yet another pile of garbage to the gullible masses. I saw a device that was built using easily replaceable modules but of course it never came to the US market as far as I know.
It should be obvious by now that the US is extremely restrictive of electronic devices which are easily fixed or upgraded. I love apple's hardware but the company itself is a joke. If you were to go to china, you could buy all the parts to make a brand new iphone, and have it put together perfectly, without any branding whatsoever for cheap. Why people think they are worth so much and willing to pay it is hilarious.
I payed $175 for a used one+3t that was as new with all the accessories it came with incl. screen protectors. The only reason I will eventually buy another one+ 5 or 6t (not the 7 with it's 5g bs) is simply because I can quickly and easily root and OWN it. I still keep a rugged basic phone around just in case though.

Last edited:
Back