• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the kt7a drivers dont seem to work???????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Subzer0

i just installed a new kt7a mobo today but the drivers cd when i setup doesnt change anything or auto detect my harddrive etc as it should. any ideas?????????????????????thanks in advance

Any drivers wont help detect your hard drive from my memory its done in the BIOS and was done so on my mobo. As for detecting other things you need to be more specific.

Duron 800 @ 1035 with Global Win FOP-32 <-- Got to go faster yet
Abit KT7A-Raid Mobo
512 mb (133 mhz Crucial Stuff)
Elsa Gforce with Blue Orb (modified to display as a Quadro and overclocked http://www.tweakhardware.com/guide/quadro/ )
Sound Blaster Live
Hard Drive Cooler
Full Tower With 5 Fans (120 mm) with seperate PSU

check the second slot in softmenue it should showw all hdds there.mine doesnt show them at post.u may have to check device manager and install them from the disc manually.i did but sandra scores droped slightly.i also tried the newest beta drivers but windows thinks theirs are a better match.mebe they r.

sorry i want very specific,it does pick up my HDD what i meant was the abit drivers install but they dont do anything ,i thought they would recognize my HDD and set it to dma etc ..........but it doesnt change anything

alisport (May 08, 2001 08:31 p.m.):
sorry i want very specific,it does pick up my HDD what i meant was the abit drivers install but they dont do anything ,i thought they would recognize my HDD and set it to dma etc ..........but it doesnt change anything

to set the drive to DMA u have to do them your self.
goto the control,systems,drive,properties,enable DMA.and for the cd too .

GOD...
and that`s it.

What version of the 4in1's are u using?
And have you tried downloading them and reinstalling? Maybe it's not getting all the info off your cd.

Back