• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The most awesome computer shop in the world!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

>HyperlogiK<

today i found probably the best computer shop in the world, most of the stuff was in huge piles and had no stickers on, there were big IBM boxes stacked in the corner and even the guy had no idea what they were, and while I was looking at a stack of network switches I noticed a funny long box that had a tag on it saying 'RAF phantom recon camera' I also found a funny box that seemed to be some piece of old russian military computer hardware (my russian is pretty basic), and best of all he had a Be box! Big boxes and piles of junk is how a computer shop should be, down with PC World!

twEEkerAreUs

After reading that post I couldn't help myself but laugh haha, kid in a candy store! Sounds like it is a pretty crazy place :)

hibner

......Big boxes

.....Piles of Junk

.....Salesman had no idea of what they were for or what they did

I think you were at BestBuy

OP
>HyperlogiK<

>HyperlogiK<

It is in Lincoln, UK, if you ever come over here, it's near the top of 'the steep' about 500 yards down from the castle.

nahmus

hibner said:
......Big boxes

.....Piles of Junk

Hey... Get out of my home office!!!!

or at least let me know what you take, don't knock anything over
I have it organized in order of importance as to what I can sell at sci-fi conventions for other people to make costumes.

or by color, whatever was easier

d94

$30 a phone
>HyperlogiK< said:
It is in Lincoln, UK, if you ever come over here, it's near the top of 'the steep' about 500 yards down from the castle.
the castle!?! lol :)

twEEkerAreUs

hibner said:
......Big boxes

.....Piles of Junk

.....Salesman had no idea of what they were for or what they did

I think you were at BestBuy

HAHAHAHAHA oh my OWNED! That was hillarious and so true.

zexmarquies01

Feydd said:
Sounds like Mendelsons.

yup, was thinking the same thing.

been there once....a few years ago. Their only good PC stuff is their new stuff. and when i was there, it was no where near top of the line ( for what was top of the line back then )

other than that, they have a ton of JUNK! like...every type of electronic device made in the past 40 years. parts to alot of stuff. Cable, Wires...you could probably walk into that place, and build an atomic bomb as long as you could get your hands on some Uranium or Plutonium.

four4875

i need to find this mendelsons....

clos to here we ave CTR surplus, a similar place. thay acquire TONS of old stuff, and try to resell it. out front they have the dish from what looks to be an old radar, it has a base type thing to rotate and all. inside they have tons of random stuff, i think irecall seeing some setups like allelectronics has of the 40mm counter rotating fans. i need to go back over and check again to be sure.