• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The most useful virtual desktop software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ArtxAs

As a Linux user I like the virtual desktops feature. Have anyone used similar applications with Windows XP? I am testing now ManageDesk (www.managedesk.com), anyone have any ideas?

well try download.com and give those a try. Generally the smaller the application the better, as the ones that are more than 1mb just have features you wont use anyways. Sorry i cant be more help but i ditched virtual desktops once i stopped running 40+ instances of IE and moved to opera. But as far as my experiance goes just get the smallest one you can find, they are usually the most stable and eat the fewest recources.

ATI graphics cards have a program built in to do this, I never use it, but I played with it when my system was new and it acted much like Mandrake 7.2 Multidesktop did.

deRusett said:
ATI graphics cards have a program built in to do this, I never use it, but I played with it when my system was new and it acted much like Mandrake 7.2 Multidesktop did.

It's called Hydravision. I didn't like it, personally.

Back