• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Newest PSU's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well you have to remember newest doesn't always equate to best. If your looking for some high quality PSU"s look no futher than PC Power & Cooling, Fortron/Sparkle, and Antec's True Power series.

VAdept said:
Well you have to remember newest doesn't always equate to best. If your looking for some high quality PSU"s look no futher than PC Power & Cooling, Fortron/Sparkle, and Antec's True Power series.

Exactally what he said.

The newest ones support the 24pin main atx cable, and 8 pin cable to replace the 4 pin one, and seperate 12v rails - one for CPU power and one for I/O. The only two I know of are Antec's NeoPower (which seems a bit noisy) and OCZ's new PowerStreams - which look good, but don't work with my A7N8X yet :(

Annoying time to need a new PSU, just when the new "BTX"/"PCI-Ex" standards are coming out :mad:

From what I hear the 24 pin PCPC deluxes should be able to runt he new BTX mobos. That was what I was told when I bought mine ^^

Yeah, the specialty ones have 24pin atx conn. and 8 pin conn. - don't know about dual 12v rails though...

I was thinking about the PCP&C 425 Dlx, but it only comes a w/20 pin conn.

Good idea! But too late :( I decide to give Antec new 480W NeoPower a try. My TruePower 480 did pretty well and the NeoPower seems to be well suited to hand BTX, PCI-E, etc. The only thing I don't like about it is the noise level according to silentpc's review - I'll see what it's like when I get it in.

I'm very happy with my Fortron 530w. Runs very quiet too. I hear that pc power and cooling have the best power supplies though. I also hear they are very loud.

LiamSevier said:
So what's the consensus on this unit?

ModRight X-Connect 500W Ultra Modular Titanium ATX Power Supply with UV Cable Kit

I'm also considering the PCI express options, but I wonder if and when these types of things become available, will they be so astronomically priced because of them being "the newest and greatest big thing"...?

well the PSu seems to have good rails - i saw a few reviews on ti with very few complaints - i was going to get 2 of them but they were out of stock and it seems forzencpu is out of stock till august :(

fortron is a very good psu, one of the best. PC power & cooling is said to be a modified fortron PSU. Fortron also underrates their PSU's. Not to mention best bang for your buck. But you cant go wrong if u choose antec or PCP&C.

Back