• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The NRZ N2 Waterblock Beta Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
... no.

Sorry thenrz. The rules of the forum specifically state there is no selling/buying outside of the classifieds section. We have a Wanted thread there specifically for this.

I believe the requirement is either 50 or 100 quality posts (as in, no useless posts just to get there).

Now, if someone wants to reach out after seeing this exchange... I can't stop that... but you are on your own for that.

This applies even if I am not purchasing, but simply asking to borrow?

Correct. We have rules put in place to try and protect our users. This means there is no buying/selling/wanted outside of the classifieds section where the requests and such are easily tracked. I believe the forum rules have more details.

Sorry man. As he said though, there isn't a huge amount of traffic there anyway...but still stinks. I wish I had something for you... but all are in use. :(

Correct. We have rules put in place to try and protect our users. This means there is no buying/selling/wanted outside of the classifieds section where the requests and such are easily tracked. I believe the forum rules have more details.

Sorry man. As he said though, there isn't a huge amount of traffic there anyway...but still stinks. I wish I had something for you... but all are in use. :(

It makes perfect sense because you are liable. It is what it is. I don't know where else to go to make this request because I at least have some presence here. It's an unfortunate conundrum.

I would simply fabricate mounts for what I have here without much trouble, but any precious machine time I get during this busy time needs to go toward cutting beta units. I had a lot more access to machines a month ago...

Hey Earthdog, could you change the thread title for me? I'd like it to be "The NRZ N2 Waterblock Beta Thread" if that's possible.

Last edited:
I tried... it didn't work. Not sure if I'm doing it wrong or what, but I looked it from a couple of different permutations.

Thanks Earthdog! Appreciate it... now the thread title actually describes the contents more accurately.

Looks like the flow sensor won't arrive until tomorrow... if that even. I have never had an Amazon package sit around like this one has. Pretty frustrating as I'd rather have had different items get delayed. Without the meter, there's no real reason to tear apart the loop considering I'll just to do it again once it arrives. At this rate, I will get bored and hard line the whole thing. Tempting considering all the accouterments are sitting right next to me... but that seems like a recipe for delays when what I really need to be doing is getting numbers and finding other blocks to test.

I guess our toys have fallen into the same category as other "toys" that have been the subject of recent media discussion regarding Amazon :(

It got shipped to the wrong distribution center. Had the exact same issue with USPS a few weeks ago. Just bad luck I guess. If it doesn't come tomorrow I get a refund at least.

Yes, I've had some shipper snapfoos lately myself. Things are getting sent to the wrong place or misplaced. I got issued the wrong tracking number recently. The whole system is stressed-out.

I've had more headaches with Amazon shipping than any other TBH. But with the new warehouse right here in SE MI there are times when I get same day delivery. It all comes out in the wash really.

If you're seriously considering hard line tubing, I would caution you to reconsider if you are one who makes frequent changes to your system (you are, just like me). Hard line is much less forgiving though it does look very nice when done properly. With your level of perfectionism you can expect to need 3x the tubing required to plumb the system. It's honestly the only reason I haven't tried it. I have the same OCD. Lol

Been a while since I checked on this thread so I just read through to catch up. Great looking block you ended up with and what a great read through!

Question about sending the block around. Could he just set up a swap like we used to do with with thermal paste for the block without violating selling rules? I think I remember we did that outside of the classifieds.That way a couple people could test the block under real world situations to get results?

The first rule about fight club........

Can you manage to do this via PM instead of in public where it breaks the rules? I believe I alluded to that earlier... :)

I'd also caution sending this around to every ****, tom, and jane, as most do not know how to test properly.

+1

I'll add there are plenty of classified threads that get forgotten about or otherwise neglected. These are vetted classified members mind you. I would hate to see some one else's gear get lost in the interwebs.

"Who had it last?" "Dunno, I haven't seen it in 3 months"

I've had more headaches with Amazon shipping than any other TBH. But with the new warehouse right here in SE MI there are times when I get same day delivery. It all comes out in the wash really.

If you're seriously considering hard line tubing, I would caution you to reconsider if you are one who makes frequent changes to your system (you are, just like me). Hard line is much less forgiving though it does look very nice when done properly. With your level of perfectionism you can expect to need 3x the tubing required to plumb the system. It's honestly the only reason I haven't tried it. I have the same OCD. Lol

If I do it, I would Hardline everything, but keep two female to female connectors with barbs and softline the CPU block. The barbs would sit about two inches above the block. It would be the best of both worlds. I cut about a foot off one of the one meter tubes last night, busted out the heat gun, and started practicing. I don't have the silicone insert or mandrels yet, but I learned a ton about the material. Did probably 8 test fits into the compression fittings with various preparations of the ends. Quite an interesting material to work with as it's very rigid when cold but completely changes form when heated.

The first rule about fight club........

Can you manage to do this via PM instead of in public where it breaks the rules? I believe I alluded to that earlier... :)

I'd also caution sending this around to every ****, tom, and jane, as most do not know how to test properly.

My first round of beta units will go to Blaylock and another person who isn't associated with these forums. That's it for now. Once I get some data and feedback, I will see about opening things up but they won't be free, just at cost, because at that point I know they work well enough to pursue. Once I get maybe 12-15 units out there and see how things go, then it'll be time to move into full production. I also hope to, at the same time, start sending out a couple N3 beta units. Keep things going with new products. I have a potential investor, but it's too early to tell what that will look like... It's someone I have known a long time that has seen what I can create in the past. It helps he is in investment banking and is really quite wealthy.

I'll be looking for access to the classifieds. Might as well shoot my shot.

For gaining access into the classifieds you simply need 100 quality posts. Just continue doing what you have been doing and don't spam posts to get your post count up, that could actually cause a ban.

Again, just continue being an active member and you will reach the requirements in short order.

For gaining access into the classifieds you simply need 100 quality posts. Just continue doing what you have been doing and don't spam posts to get your post count up, that could actually cause a ban.

Again, just continue being an active member and you will reach the requirements in short order.

I'm not much of a talked unless I have something to say... Certainly not one who enjoys the sound of his own voice. I'll basically just keep posting in here as per the norm. I wish I had more time to explore the rest of the forum better than I have to this point. Kind of sad, really. I'm sure I'd learn a lot.

So, if the flow meter doesn't arrive today, I'm getting a refund and then trying to find another one on Amazon. Will be a massive pain as a big reason I went with the aquaero was to use that specific flow meter. In testing, it was within 1% of true scientific equipment. The things that showed up yesterday were never marked as out for delivery until after they were delivered, so I'm not fretting quite yet. Got another 16GB of memory yesterday, the bending mandrels, a really nice electronics toolkit to replace mine that is missing a bunch of stuff, and finally a 90 and 270 degree hdmi adapter for the case screen. Hoping the flow meter, screen, and the usb2 header to A adapter show up today. Just the flow meter. That's all I really need right now. Wild how much it has been delayed whereas everything else has arrived on time or faster.

Busted out my 3D printer last night. Part of me forgot I had it. There was a bad stepper, but I had bought a replacement a while back and never installed it. Works like a champ again. Going to use it to make a permanent mount for the aquaero and the flow meter. Should be pretty cool once it's all in!

Edit:

I just went through the biggest load of BS with Amazon. Having been a Prime member since 2009, never have I had such an ordeal. The worst part is, I can't even talk to someone higher up who will listen to what happened. Ended up having to order the flow sensor elsewhere, and it's going to be mid next week until it shows up. So yet another delay. I was given untruths 5 times ("it'll show up tomorrow!!!!!! no worries!!!!! :)"), which are documented, and today, the "supervisor" offered to me a refund and if/when the package actually shows up I would just keep it. I never asked for anything other than and honest to God status update and especially not something for free. Hard to say no to the offer. He processed the refund, and my delivery was immediately cancelled without any option to stop it. The dude then put me off on someone else who couldn't do a thing for me.

I'm beyond frustrated. My demeanor is always super level, and I rarely get mad. I think things out too much to just ditch things onto emotion... but right now I am pretty much irate. There's nothing I can do, no other CSR does anything for me but tell me my refund is on the way, and now I have extra money on Amazon that I don't even want on there. That and there's this really complex job I am programming at work, and the software keeps taking a huge dump and not generating toolpaths that are taking 30-40 minutes to calculate... and this is on a 3900X + RTX Quadro card. A huge, geometrically complex model, much larger than what we usually deal with here, and I have lost probably 3 or 4 hours to nothingness.

What a day. Sorry for the vent. Probably going to tear the loop apart and install the temp sensors anyway. Will start taking data and just backfill with the flow rate once that's installed. I know that the meter will probably decrease that somewhat, so I'll have to work some tests with and without to make sure i backfill with the correct flow rates.

Last edited:
Back