• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Official 3870X2 Reviews Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albuquerque

Rumors suggest launch will be delayed, but I don't believe that affects NDA on review. (not that NDA ever stopped anyone)

Reviews up thus far:
Guru3D
AnandTech
ComputerBase (translated)
Hardware Canucks
Hot Hardware
Digit-Life
PCPop
IXBT (in Russian)
techPowerUp
Techreport
ExpReview
PCOnline (scroll thru comments in this article for english results of PCOnline's findings)
FPSLabs
InsideHW (This site seems to give intermittent account errors)
Toms Hardware (down for now, but should work on 2008-01-24)
TweakTown

As you see them, post 'em up and I'll edit this post and get them all put in.

Last edited:
i've had enough of nvidia and there rediculous overpriced pos video cards...its about time ATI got back in the game with there affordable better graphix video cards!!

i've had enough of nvidia and there rediculous overpriced pos video cards...its about time ATI got back in the game with there affordable better graphix video cards!!

haha sweet... now nvidia will come out with a g92 based gtx than single handedly will smack this to the ground :beer:

haha just kidding (or am i :santa:) only time will tell but hopfully this does bring out some competition, which sadly amd/ati has lacked compared to nvidia / intel...

OK i have made my one apearance here on the ati fourm for this month haha.

haha sweet... now nvidia will come out with a g92 based gtx than single handedly will smack this to the ground :beer:

haha just kidding (or am i :santa:) only time will tell but hopfully this does bring out some competition, which sadly amd/ati has lacked compared to nvidia / intel...

OK i have made my one apearance here on the ati fourm for this month haha.

Basically, yeah. nVidia has already announced a 9000 line of cards. They're not truely deserving of the 9xxx series, as they are just the G92 die shrink, but think of them as the g92 GTX. The other one in the line is basically 2 g92 GTS cores on the same PCB. Same trick the 3870x2 is pulling, with a better core.

So.. yeah.. 3870x2 will close the gap some on the high end, but it won't take the crown back for long.

I cant wait for more info on this card specifially in regards to pci-e 1.1 vs pci-e 2.0. Preliminary info is pointing to a significant difference in speeds which I was not expecting. There is no way that I would buy this card but its fun to watch what happens

As far as the 8 pin plug goes it may be good in a way. I was scared I'd need a pcie2.0 motherboard to give it enough power if it didn't have the power plugs. At least theres a way without doing a total upgrade.

the 8 pin is not needed to deliver more power it can run fine on pci-e 1.1 w/ 2x 6 pin just fine. IMHO the best looking 3870x2 so far has two 6 pin instead of a 8 pin and a 6.

The card I am talking about is the gecube card shown below. It has 4x dvi ports and a much better looking cooler then the reference design. Only neg that I can see is non solid caps.

Image removed due to NDA request.

Thelemac

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek: so, stupid question time...

you get these cards if your game of choice does not support crossfire but yoo play at high res...

and if you are realy nuts you can crossfire them if you have a 1000 watt psu?

the 8 pin is not needed to deliver more power it can run fine on pci-e 1.1 w/ 2x 6 pin just fine. IMHO the best looking 3870x2 so far has two 6 pin instead of a 8 pin and a 6.

The card I am talking about is the gecube card shown below. It has 4x dvi ports and a much better looking cooler then the reference design. Only neg that I can see is non solid caps.

lol 4 DVI?

Quad monitor time!

i am set with my 3870 i am not card crazy anymore as i can game on high now. i will check out cards agian when it is time to replace and i am hoping not any time soon

Back