• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Official Granite Bay Review Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This last page has nothing to do with Granite Bay as far as i can tell. But i do dig Coz setup. I'm soo gonna get the Vapochill PE <saving my pennies>

@gruvin2:
it has somethung to do with granite bay, bacause we try to get the gb chip to overclock better... what is only possible with raising the vagp (chipset gets more juice too)...

vapochill is a good system.....

Last edited:
so did anyone ever purchase the Aopen board?

i only read pages 1-10... and it took me forever since i had to check out every link :eek:

any comments on the Aopen board would be nice. Newegg has it for 172 with a 25 dollar mail in Aopen rebate making it less than 150 bucks total with free shipping. This is VERY attractive since the Asus is still 218.99.

i know someone who did. good board if you want moderately overclock. it seems the top end on this board is 160 FSB. Otherwise its a feature packed board for the price.

I finally have the aopen ax4r plus motherboard. It's performing well so far. I have not overclocked it yet. I dont' know when I'll do that though. I'm still learning how to use it and I don't want to inadvertantly kill something prematurely.

Hey Coz (or anyone else who can help),

You mentioned the fact that increasing the vAGP helped you over the 180 FSB point. Well, I'm running right at 180, granted my board isn't a granite bay, but it's still really damn good I think. Anyways, I want to get to around 185 or so. I can boot into it fine, but my desktop starts to blur out every so often, ie. the display gets lines that quickly appear and then disappear again around the icons and taskbar.

I've got the vDIMM increased by 0.1V and my vCore is at 1.650 or so, under-volting by roughly 0.04V, which I think it pretty good. Would you say that increasing my vAGP would start to hurt stuff? Or would it be a safe bet? Everything is on air, so I've got stuff to worry about...

:(

I'm also curious as to vAGP increases and stability.

I would think that running anything on a computer out of default specs is harmful to it in some way.....it's just a matter of how harmful it is, and how long the system take tolerate the modifications.

Now that may very well mean your computer will live for only 10 years compared to 20 years. I don't think that would upset anyone here very much, if at all. :D

Hi guys
Keep up the good work on the GB boards as its a help to us even if we are not able to reply/add to this forum

I'm on GB board #2 as the 1st 1 failled on me :( but i think it was PSU problems

I can't get past 3500MHz ( and i have played around with the BIOS settings) Is it time that ASUS made a BIOS update???????????? or is it something im not doing

8ace,

If you are getting ~3500 out of a 2.8 chip you are already doing much better than most people with that chip. It may not be your board, you may be at your chips limits.
Skeetman

Back