• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Phantek CPU coolers anyone try these ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rogbur22

I tried doing some searches of the reviews etc here and did a forum search as well looking to see if they have been brought up yet by anyone.

I first saw them last week when I got a e-mail about a new video upload from New Egg on these.

I think Im going to get one this week when I get paid and play with it :clap:

They off a few different fans and different colors. They fit all the major sockets.

Here is a link to the fans, there are videos of course on each fans page

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...000 50060115&IsNodeId=1&name=Phanteks Company

Looking at a few reviews the TC14 seems quite impressive, they are also quite sexy ;)

Looks like it gives the DH14 a run for its money...

loadtemps.png

Tests using a 2500k.

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of those for review. They look very interesting, to say the least.

Ditto. They're supposed to beat the D14 and the SA, but at the cost of more noise. Yet I have one of their 140mm fans and it's pretty quiet. I really do want to measure its performance.

What I'd like to see, is how the NH-D14 compare to these when both are running the same fans. That would tell us whether the performance difference is due to increased airflow or rather the heatsink itself.....

I'm banking on the primary difference being the fans myself due to these being a bit noisier.

Well, no reason for me to upgrade from my NH-D14. I actually like the looks of the Noctua, its functional. Besides, my Red Sunbeam CFL's work well with the cream fan frames ;)

Well, I sent them an inquiry about getting a review sample of this cooler and at least I have had an acknowledgment from them that they received my inquiry. Hopefully in a week or so I will hear back from them.

If I do get one from them, you know I will be trying out various different fans on it. And if I get one, I'm gonna have to try to borrow a D14 for comparison purposes because the review I did on it was on my previous testbed setup.

Fingers crossed. It'll be nice to have a bit more choice in the high end. These things cost more than the nh-d14 though don't they? Scary as the Noctua is nearly $100 here in Australia

The egg has them priced at $90 and $100, depending on the color. And yes, they offer them in different colors for folks that want to match a color scheme. IMO, that's some damn good marketing that shouldn't affect functionality.:thup:

I hope they make either a silver or a black version...... Not a big fan of other colours on heatsinks

Back