• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG The rebuild - Corsair 600T White - She Grows once more!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice to hear you are feeling better now, i hope things turn out really well for you as its a long time since you had that 600T running!! AJ.

Last edited:
Nice to hear you are felling better now, i hope things turn out really well for you as its a long time since you had that 600T running!! AJ.

It has been a while, and I am soo looking forward to benching my 7970's under water, and overclocking them to see if i can get above my all time 3dmark11 score of 16000. Plus i need to bench the CPU, and see how the temps are, before and after de-lid and lapping. So much to look forward too, so much i was looking forward too.

On the positive side, i found that i had mounted my CPU block wrong, i was using inlet as out, and outlet as in, this will of course be fixed and put right when i put it all back together.

Looking good Pierre

Thank you Sir.

No Probs those are some nice Mods. Just looks clean and neat.

Update time.

Next week I will need to order some parts, and I have been told today, that the dealer has checked my motherboard, and also concluded that it is dead, it has now been sent off to be swapped for a new one, this will result in yet another test, which of course will reveal the board to be dead once more, and then I should be sent a new motherboard sometime next week.

Update.

At the moment I am still without the motherboard, no news from the second dealer on the motherboard, I have just been told they are still testing it.

Today I put in a big order, mainly parts for my Prodigy Project, but also a few bits for this build.

Should be here by the end of the week.

Update, lets call this nothing..

I have received some fittings, and will be making loop changes.

Not a word on my RMA case, even after 2 emails.

I got a great deal on GT AP-15s, so guess what, 4 coming up in the front, and one as exhaust fan.

But basically this is at a full stand still until I get my motherboard back.

Bummer on the RMA news or lack there of...
Hang in there, it will be a nice build once you get your motherboard back :thup:
and then I look forward to seeing some numbers from those 7970s :cool:

I finally heard back from RMA.

They are currently considering that due to some small stretches on the PCB, and apparently a deep one by the north bridge, they arnt sure if they will replace the motherboard.

I will await the result, but if it falls in their favour, then I am sure that I have bought my last AsRock motherboard.

They are currently considering that due to some small stretches on the PCB, and apparently a deep one by the north bridge, they arnt sure if they will replace the motherboard.

What in the world did you do to it? Did they or you mean scratches? How old was this MB?

Last edited:
They are currently considering that due to some small stretches on the PCB, and apparently a deep one by the north bridge, they arnt sure if they will replace the motherboard.QUOTE]

What in the world did you do to it? Did they or you mean scratches? How old was this MB?

Its just gone 8months, i never saw anything on inspection, and if they claim without picture proof i will claim they made the scratches. I am unhappy about is situation for sure, and it will be at least another 14days before i know anything new.

Its just gone 8months, i never saw anything on inspection, and if they claim without picture proof i will claim they made the scratches. I am unhappy about is situation for sure, and it will be at least another 14days before i know anything new.

Asus board? I know Asus can be a pain in the you know what when it comes to customer support. All the complaints I've seen have had their MB's sent back broken and left in the dark.

Also, you're saying you've had and used that MB for 8 months? Is it possible the leak test didn't go so well? I mean if it worked before or static charge got to it?

Asus board? I know Asus can be a pain in the you know what when it comes to customer support. All the complaints I've seen have had their MB's sent back broken and left in the dark.

Also, you're saying you've had and used that MB for 8 months? Is it possible the leak test didn't go so well? I mean if it worked before or static charge got to it?

Its AsRock, no leaks, the board never fired up after being put back together. I guess it could be static, but how do they prove it that? The scratches could come from the first dealer to look at the board. They confirmed it was dead and sent it on to the next in line. Where the board is now, i dont know, i just know they are raising concern over scratches on the pcb.

I am already finding a replacement board, this is going to drag out beyond my pations. I been told asus are bad, now i get to tell the tail of asrock soon.

Small update.

Currently the motherboard is with AsRock. What i have been told is from the shop that i bought the motherboard from.

This is a picture of the scratches, that they claim could be the reason why AsRock may refuse to give me a replacement motherboard.

20130911_091031 (Custom).jpg

One thing about those scratches is that they came while taking the motherboard OUT of the case, after it had been declared dead.

Second thing is, if they refuse, and say that those scratches are the reason why the motherboard is broken, i am sorry, but I will have to raise hell over that.

In my mind that is like saying, the warranty on your car does not cover the blown engine, because you have a scratch on the passenger door.

I think this is by far the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

Shame on them. If they won't replace it because of scratches on a plate of aluminum? Shame on them. Thanks for sharing this experience. Any purchases in the future are going to reputed great customer service companies. You can't put a price to that experience. (Well tech the item will cost more than others lol) It pays off in the long run.

EVGA, Corsair are my top dogs for customer service.

Well, the latest news is that my motherboard is on its way back, but they dont know if its been fixed, exchanged or still is broken. Thats what i call service! I foresee a motherboard change in the near future...

This is why I get warranties from brick and mortar stores. I would hate having to wait for weeks and having to spend shipping only for companies to refuse to fix the problems.

This is why I get warranties from brick and mortar stores. I would hate having to wait for weeks and having to spend shipping only for companies to refuse to fix the problems.

I am not paying shipping. But if AsRock refuse, i'll just be the next person in line to drop them to the ground. Since this happend, have been looking up stories online, and it seems to be one horror after the other.

Well, the latest news is that my motherboard is on its way back, but they dont know if its been fixed, exchanged or still is broken. Thats what i call service! I foresee a motherboard change in the near future...

Bummer, I think not knowing is probably even worse :confused:
Both my boards are ASROCK...I was hoping for a better out come :eh?:

Around me its not worth paying the premium and 8% NY tax at a B&M store to get the warranty. Some of the companies are quite good about the RMA process. Corsair is the one that stands out in my mind, very good turn around. OCZ isn't too bad, and XFX had problems with their new support ticket system, but once dialog was opened up they were very good.

Back