• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the reconfermation begins

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Como

D tek spiral Waterblock
'77 or '87 bonneville heatercore
Clearflex tubing from McMaster
home depot stuff (clamps, barbs, ect)
maxijet 1200 pump

Okay, thats the setup i'm looking at, if it were yours, what would you change?

Also, i'm in need of a cheap GPU WB, preferably one that fits both Nvidia and ATI, but just Nvidia if need be.(GF4 ti4800)...any decent 1/2" ones for under $15?

I currently have a maxijet 1000 with a used L30 from the classifieds on the way. I wish I had never bought the maxijet; it rattles pretty loud now(after about 5-7months of continuous use). It's been sealed so there are no leaks but the rattling is the loudest thing in my system.

odd, everone else i've asked about the pump says its quiet.

They are how the hoses attach to the blocks. Piece of metal or plastic that the hose goes around in order to create a water tight seal.

thats not a thred hijack, i swear. lol, thats okay...anyone else have any comments?

i could really use GPU reccomendations...i'm starting to consider getting started on this

also, i cant seem to find the 1/2" ID tubing at mcmaster anymore....help?

I'd either switch to a D-tek WW or Swiftech 6002 for the CPU WB... As for the pump, go with the DD 12v Inline Mag-pump thing (Laing D4).

The DD 12v is loud and expensive. I think his goal is cheap. ;) A mag 3 may be a good choice if he can swing a bit more cash.

I got the same tubing drs499m did. It's Clear Flex with 1/2 ID, 3/4 OD.

It is clearflex 60. I just played with it and it bends pretty well, but I can see where people had problems with it pulling their blocks off their CPUs.

Como said:
D tek spiral Waterblock
'77 or '87 bonneville heatercore
Clearflex tubing from McMaster
maxijet 1200 pump

Okay, thats the setup i'm looking at, if it were yours, what would you change?

Also, i'm in need of a cheap GPU WB, preferably one that fits both Nvidia and ATI, but just Nvidia if need be.(GF4 ti4800)...any decent 1/2" ones for under $15?

b'ville heatercore with ac or without?

I would change the following:
D tek spiral Waterblock ($35)
maxijet 1200 pump ($25)

Oc's review of the dtek spiral HERE
Heres a summary of the spiral block. "SUMMARY: OK choice for CPU cooling with moderate power waterpumps, although this design is showing signs of age."

For around 40 dollars i would go with the swifty MCW6002.
procooling's review of the swifty HERE
From all the reviews i've read....it's a really solid block. Spend 5 bucks more on the Swifty.

I have no experience with the maxijet 1200. If you're looking for something really quiet...I would get the new revisions of the DD D4 or the Swiftech mcp650;they're the same pump. Quiet and powerful as hell for its size. Kinda on the expensive side though. The cheapest I could find was at www.voyeurmods.com for $68. I ordered mine today.

Good luck.

All the pumps reccomended are out of my price range...besides, everyone i've asked says theair mag3 is rather loud, and everyone i've asked who runsa a maxijet is happy with it.

Weapon, the W/ AC one.

a cheap low end WB i will look for. in fact, i'll probably attack the used WC stuff for most of this :p

that $40 WB is $42 before shipping, the spiral is $25 , but apparently its going to cost $15 to ship it. I'l look for a used one, the block should do just fine, nothing wrong with a little old if it works...if i see a MCW6002-A in the classifieds i'll look into it, though! thanks.

5231K237 tubing it is.

ZachM said:
The DD 12v is loud and expensive. I think his goal is cheap. ;) A mag 3 may be a good choice if he can swing a bit more cash.

I got the same tubing drs499m did. It's Clear Flex with 1/2 ID, 3/4 OD.
They fixed the noise problem with the DD 12v... Apparently, it's now quieter than the MCP600...

hazmat said:
I would change the following:
D tek spiral Waterblock ($35)
maxijet 1200 pump ($25)

Oc's review of the dtek spiral HERE
Heres a summary of the spiral block. "SUMMARY: OK choice for CPU cooling with moderate power waterpumps, although this design is showing signs of age."

For around 40 dollars i would go with the swifty MCW6002.
procooling's review of the swifty HERE
From all the reviews i've read....it's a really solid block. Spend 5 bucks more on the Swifty.

I have no experience with the maxijet 1200. If you're looking for something really quiet...I would get the new revisions of the DD D4 or the Swiftech mcp650;they're the same pump. Quiet and powerful as hell for its size. Kinda on the expensive side though. The cheapest I could find was at www.voyeurmods.com for $68. I ordered mine today.

Good luck.
Yeah, the Spiral's NOT a good choice IMO... If you want a cheap block, the D-tek TC-4 rev2 is awesome for the $$$

it looks the same as the spiral, and costs the same too. if its better, hey, why not.

D tek TC-4 rev2
'77 or '87 bonneville heatercore (woo, bought it)
Clearflex tubing from McMaster 5231K237
maxijet 1200 pump or mag 3, dependsing on what i find for a good price.

Como said:
it looks the same as the spiral, and costs the same too. if its better, hey, why not.

D tek TC-4 rev2
'77 or '87 bonneville heatercore (woo, bought it)
Clearflex tubing from McMaster 5231K237
maxijet 1200 pump or mag 3, dependsing on what i find for a good price.
looks good to me :D

one tip... Pull your good vid card out and use an old card for a few days. Even though I properly leak tested my rig, my loop decided to leak on my *gasp* AIW 9800pro... All indications show that the card's dead as a doornail... But I haven't given up hope 'cause I can't afford a new one :( I'm currently using a GF2mx that lacks DVI, so I can't use my LCD (currently using a 15" gateway CRT that's shot) or 9800. I can't tell you how much this sucks. So be VERY careful!!!! You have been warned.

Last edited:
Back