• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the record?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Badger

OK, I think my O/C is the highest so far for a Geforce GTS. My Prophet GTS pro (default 200/400) runs 24/7 overclocked at 280/460MHz, no artifacts. The secret of the high core clock is a water/peltier cooled core and a modified graphics voltage regulator.
Crap pic but here it is:

LimeyGreg

Hey Walter:-( Why would you listen to your Dad, I never listened to mine and my kids don't listen to me - nothing new there right? Just sneak it in bit by bit and hope it doesn't leak :D

OpenFriday

Walter:-( (Jun 24, 2001 06:37 p.m.):
I reallt want to switch to watercooling, but my dad say's that it's to dangerous!

I explained to my dad about it and he seems fine with it. Even if he wasnt its not like that would stop me. I know its safe.

Wega!

LimeyGreg (Jun 24, 2001 07:50 p.m.):
Hey Walter:-( Why would you listen to your Dad, I never listened to mine and my kids don't listen to me - nothing new there right? Just sneak it in bit by bit and hope it doesn't leak :D

Well, if I did something like that, and he found out about it, he would take my comp away from me. And I don't want to risk that....

Wega!

OpenFriday (Jun 24, 2001 07:53 p.m.):
Walter:-( (Jun 24, 2001 06:37 p.m.):
I reallt want to switch to watercooling, but my dad say's that it's to dangerous!

I explained to my dad about it and he seems fine with it. Even if he wasnt its not like that would stop me. I know its safe.

I have tried to explain to him, that the risk of leak or breakdown is very small if u do things right. But he still wont let me, he say's that water and computers don't have anything to do with each other....

Katabatik

Registered
Not too shabby. I suggest that you get some larger HS's for the memory though. If you haven't all ready. Not trying to reduce the level of your accomplishment but everybody ca always use a little creative critisism. Impressive.

Mord-Sith

OK I want a "modified graphics voltage regulator" where can I learn how to do this.

Nice work btw ... Im going water cooled asap

OP
B

Badger

BlakeN (Jun 25, 2001 08:02 p.m.):
OK I want a "modified graphics voltage regulator" where can I learn how to do this.

Nice work btw ... Im going water cooled asap

Go to this link, it tells you how to do the voltage mod: http://www.xbitlabs.com/video/geforce2-overclocking.html ....be prepared to experiment with different resistors, I needed resistors with around twice the rating of the ones they suggest on the site.