• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The "Untitled Build for 2019"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thedarkdad3

Registered
Main Monitor Alienware - AW3418DW 34.14" IPS LED UltraWide HD G-SYNC Monitor - Epic silver 120hz (purchased*and in hand)
Second Monitor "Overhead"*ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q 34" Curved Ultra-wide G-SYNC Gaming Monitor 100Hz (3440x1440) IPS Panel with Eye Care*(purchased*and in hand)
GPU eVGA RTX 2080ti*(purchased*and in hand)
GPU Block eVGA HydroCopper (Full Block)**(purchased*and in hand)
Case*Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 2 Black*(purchased*and in hand)
Memory (Undecided) I have 4-5 kits laying around**(purchased*and in hand)
Motherboard A.)*GIGABYTE Z390 DESIGNARE Gigabyte (Intel LGA1151*(purchased*and in hand)
Motherboard B.)**ASRock X570 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX/TB3 Mini ITX *(purchased*and in hand)
CPU A.) Intel 9900k Delidded with Rockcool Top *IHS***(purchased*and in hand)
CPU B.)* Ryzen 2700x { AMD 50 GOld Edition }**(purchased*and in hand)
PSU (Undecided)*(Undecided) I have 4-5 PSU's laying around 850 GOLDs to Platinums***(purchased*and in hand)
CPU A Cooling*EKWB EK-Velocity CPU Waterblock, RGB, Intel CPU, Nickel/Plexi**(purchased) awaiting shipment
Storage System A.) Dual 4TB SSD* 2.5inch Samsung* (pending)
Storage System A.) Dual 2tb nVME*Samsung* *(purchased*and in hand)
GPU System B.)* eVGA 1080ti Hybrid, GTX 1080ti**(purchased*and in hand)

Last edited:
Crap, i should prolly clarify. It's two builds ^^ Above in (1) case. So both of those are getting built. that i am 100% sure of.

What do you mean two builds in one case? You gonna swap the components in and out?

Crap, i should prolly clarify. It's two builds ^^ Above in (1) case. So both of those are getting built. that i am 100% sure of.
Looks like a beast... wow! I need to do that for my kids in the basement.. I'd love two PCs in one case. :)

Which chassis did you choose to house the systems?

What do you mean two builds in one case? You gonna swap the components in and out?

The case is really tall, It has an ATX mobo tray and a mini-ITX tray stacked vertically on top of each other.

-thedarkdad3-
Why an x570 board and a 2700x? Do you plan to upgrade? I don't see a PCIe gen 4 NVMe listed (and I'm not sure if that's 100% on the chipset or if the Zen2 CPU is also needed). What GPU will you use for the second system, the 2700x does not have an integrated GPU.

trents said:
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 2 Black - it's in the first post.

The case is really tall, It has an ATX mobo tray and a mini-ITX tray stacked vertically on top of each other.

But how do you switch between the two systems? Hot swapable hard drives? Does it have two PSUs or do you just split off the power connectors? Must also have some kind of KVM for sharing keyboard, mouse and monitor?

But how do you switch between the two systems? Hot swapable hard drives? Does it have two PSUs or do you just split off the power connectors? Must also have some kind of KVM for sharing keyboard, mouse and monitor?
Not sure how he's running it, but the case has room for two of everything, including psus. ;)
http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Luxe-2.html

...otherwise a KVM makes sense. :)

Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 2 Black*(purchased*and in hand)

Looks like a beast... wow! I need to do that for my kids in the basement.. I'd love two PCs in one case. :)

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Don't want to go into too much detail. I am still working on the science. Keep checking thread. I may start next weekend. If work allows. last week was 55 hours work weeek. I am excited tho! fyi i also have water cooling parts!

EK-AF Angled 2 x 45 G1/4 Fitting - Black EK-AF-2X45-G14-BK 4
EK-AF Angled 90 G1/4 Fitting - Black EK-AF-90-G14-BK 4
EK-AF Extender 50mm M-F G1/4 - Black EK-AF-EXT-50-MF-G14-BK 2
EK-AF Extender 30mm M-F G1/4 - Black EK-AF-EXT-30-MF-G14-BK 2

Mayhems Blitz Pro Cleaning System

Barrow Compression Fitting - 12mm OD Rigid Tubing - Gold
Alphacool HardTube 12/10mm plexi clear 80cm - 4pcs AC-18527 1
EK-AF Ball Valve (10mm) G1/4 - Black

XSPC D5 Photon 270 Reservoir V2
XSPC Fittings Choice
2 x XSPC G1/4" to 3/8" ID, 5/8" OD Compression Fitting - Chrome -
XSPC-D5-PHOTON-270-RES-V2-XSPC-COMP-3858-SL-V2 1
XSPC AX360 Triple-Fan Radiator - Black
XSPC Fittings Choice
2 x XSPC G1/4" to 3/8" ID, 5/8" OD Compression Fitting - Chrome -
XSPC-AX360-BK-XSPC-COMP-3858-SL-V2 1
RayStorm CPU/APU WaterBlock (AMD AM4) V3
CPU Block LED Color Red -
XSPC Fittings Choice 2 x XSPC G1/4" to 3/8" ID, 5/8" OD Compression Fitting - Chrome -

EK HT240 Complete Hard Tubing Liquid Cooling Kit

All of this is on hand and from last years project mostly new | a few things used

updated whats on hand and whats not. basically i have everything I need minus a few 120mm fans and extra watercooling stuff (which I MAY not need)

pictures coming tomm!

Back