• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Water-Cooled System picture thread v2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice loop! Specs on the system?
Thank you :)

Alder lake I7 12700k 12/20 cpu
Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4
TEAM GROUP 32GB (2X16GB) DDR4 3600C16
MSI GTX 980ti Gaming 6g
Silicon Power PCIe M.2 NVMe SSD 256GB Gen3x4
Crucial 512gb 2.5" SSD
WD blue 4TB HDD
Corsair TX750M 80% gold
Lian Li o11D XL
EK 360mm PE
EK 280mm CE
EK supremacy classic (CPU)
Generic (GPU)
EK FLT 240 D5 pump/res
EK Duraclear 16/10
3x Corsair LL120mm
2xCorsair LL140mm
2x Noctua 120mm
32" MSI 1080P 165hz
Anne Pro II keyboard
Razer Viper

Last edited:
here's mine now with a new AQ ultitube 150 D5pwm. Old EK res was just too noisy. My rig is near silent now. Full cover Byski block on the 1080ti now too.
20220421_021955.jpg
and here is gaming temps
Untitled.jpg

My 2023 build is officially complete! I plan to make this build last as long as I possibly can, possibly beating out my original overkill HAXOR build from 2004...Maybe I can hold off upgrading for 8+ years...I hope.....

ALMOST a no budget build, with an i9 13900k with an MSI 4090 and 64GB of DDR5, it just might make it!

20230419_002518.jpg

Nice one :thup:

I like the coolant flow design on these new GPU blocks.

I always worry about the coolants with dyes like these mist effects. They look great but usually don't last long enough in perfect condition. There are stains on tubes or reservoirs (the liquid's level makes a stained line). It's a bit sad to see that happening after putting in so much work. I hope it won't be a problem in your build and it will look great for a long time.

I will probably make a simple build soon as I need to refresh the Intel test rig (mainly for RAM, storage, and maybe graphics card tests). I'm trying to cut costs, and I wanted to paint an older radiator, but I changed my mind about the case and will reuse the one that I already have, but I will need a 280mm rad, so I will just buy a white radiator and close the topic. Simple loop like EK block/res/pump combo+280mm rad for i7 13700K CPU and nothing else. Thinking about it for 2 weeks probably made me save $200.

Nice one :thup:

I like the coolant flow design on these new GPU blocks.

I always worry about the coolants with dyes like these mist effects. They look great but usually don't last long enough in perfect condition. There are stains on tubes or reservoirs (the liquid's level makes a stained line). It's a bit sad to see that happening after putting in so much work. I hope it won't be a problem in your build and it will look great for a long time.

I will probably make a simple build soon as I need to refresh the Intel test rig (mainly for RAM, storage, and maybe graphics card tests). I'm trying to cut costs, and I wanted to paint an older radiator, but I changed my mind about the case and will reuse the one that I already have, but I will need a 280mm rad, so I will just buy a white radiator and close the topic. Simple loop like EK block/res/pump combo+280mm rad for i7 13700K CPU and nothing else. Thinking about it for 2 weeks probably made me save $200.

So far any staining has not been an issue. I have seen that with the colored coolants in the past, but this EK mystic fog I have not yet had any issues. I have had it in the loop for about 4 months. When I added the EK GPU block, i just drained it into my collection bottle with clean equipment, then poured it back in after reassembling the loop.

I did replace all of the PETG tubing with newly bent acrylic tubing (I like the clarity of it over the PETG). So perhaps it will have some plasticizers leach, but I am really just not sure on that.

If nothing else, let the new acrylic get what it needs to, out, gunk up the loop in the next few months, then I tear it down for a deep cleaning and put fresh clear fluid in. I don't typically use the flashy showy fluids, but the kids wanted to see the mystic fog in the loop. :p

I have changed my case to a Corsair 7000D. Here is a pic of how my loop looks now.

I did have the GPU vertical, but the block is not very good at clearing the bubbles in it, and it really blocks access to the bottom NVME's and connectors at the bottom of the board. It makes draining the loop easier like this too. It does look better vertical, but for me is not very practical.
IMG_0134.JPG
Post magically merged:

So far any staining has not been an issue. I have seen that with the colored coolants in the past, but this EK mystic fog I have not yet had any issues. I have had it in the loop for about 4 months. When I added the EK GPU block, i just drained it into my collection bottle with clean equipment, then poured it back in after reassembling the loop.

I did replace all of the PETG tubing with newly bent acrylic tubing (I like the clarity of it over the PETG). So perhaps it will have some plasticizers leach, but I am really just not sure on that.

If nothing else, let the new acrylic get what it needs to, out, gunk up the loop in the next few months, then I tear it down for a deep cleaning and put fresh clear fluid in. I don't typically use the flashy showy fluids, but the kids wanted to see the mystic fog in the loop. :p

I like the hard tubes, but had a disaster in the past and destroyed my GTX1080ti and Asus z390 board, so i will stick with soft tubes now. :p

Nice loop though, but did you have any problems with bubbles in the GPU block?

Last edited:
I have changed my case to a Corsair 7000D. Here is a pic of how my loop looks now.

I did have the GPU vertical, but the block is not very good at clearing the bubbles in it, and it really blocks access to the bottom NVME's and connectors at the bottom of the board. It makes draining the loop easier like this too. It does look better vertical, but for me is not very practical.
View attachment 361647
Post magically merged:

I like the hard tubes, but had a disaster in the past and destroyed my GTX1080ti and Asus z390 board, so i will stick with soft tubes now. :p

Nice loop though, but did you have any problems with bubbles in the GPU block?

I haven't had any issues or concerns with the ek torque fittings and sealing. I usually replace all o-rings when reassembling a loop, just as cheap peace of mind.

This is the first time I have vertical mounted a gpu at all, and honestly, it was easier to burp than my horizontal cards were, using ekwb blocks. This includes the 1080, 2080 ti, 3080 and the previous phanteks g40 block that i used until this ek block arrived.

If you replace components more often and touch tubes from time to time, then hard tubes may slide out the fittings slightly and then are sometimes leaking. This is mainly because tubes are not going really deep into the fittings. I always check it twice. I had no problems with sealing of any hard tube fittings after I finished a cooling loop, and I was using multiple brands like EK, Alphacool or Raijintek. I still don't fully trust hard tubes and I feel better when I use typical soft tubes and compression fittings, so for tests I moved back to soft tubes, even though I had nice brass tubes in the last build (it was for other components review).

Back