• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Wii's only decent fps [The Conduit] Trailer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
'cause Metroid Prime 3 wasn't decent . . .

Also, it looks like it has potential. The MP will make or break it, I imagine. It also looks like it suffers from 'Lets Be Like Halo' but time will tell.

grayg

'cause Metroid Prime 3 wasn't decent . . .

Also, it looks like it has potential. The MP will make or break it, I imagine. It also looks like it suffers from 'Lets Be Like Halo' but time will tell.

looks nothing like Halo :confused:

looks like it has more in common with old style frag fest FPS games like Doom

DomoRawks

can kind of see the halo like, reminds me more of fear and half life.

Anyone remember Titan AE
Paint the blue baddies orange, then watch that trailer

blueswitch

looks like it could be good, I heard they built the engine from the ground up for Wii's hardware.

btw...not everyone dislaikes Halo...it's one of my favorite games. I think we can all agree if more Wii games had half the polish and presentation of Halo...it would be a better console.

this plus madworld...it looks like maybe the Wii might get some decent non-nintendo games finally? Here's hoping.

iaacp

umm..no...ok seriously you might not like the gameplay in Halo...but it's presentation and audio score is top notch. The only game I've played on Wii that felt like it had good presentation is Zelda.

The only good Halo was the original. Since then, the only thing that has been good about them is their musical score.

iaacp

Well you don't KNOW if it will be decent yet. It hasn't come out yet. Hell, everybody thought RED STEEL was going to be the greatest game of all time... until it came out.

of course they don't know if its going to be decent... which is why they're saying its looking good :)

edit for clarity

Last edited:

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
Well you don't KNOW if it will be decent yet. It hasn't come out yet. Hell, everybody thought RED STEEL was going to be the greatest game of all time... until it came out.

of course... which is why they're saying its looking good :)

Also, RedSteel got a bad rap. It was playable, but the hype set the bar too high.

It wasn't fantastic, but it was pretty OK for a launch title. It needed a good 6 to 8 months of polish to really shine, I think. Unfortunately, Ubi rushed it out the door (even they admitted this). Hopefully they'll fix all the nagging issues if and when RedSteel 2 gets made.

DomoRawks

Its a pretty reasonable game, has an awesome multiplayer, like 007 good, but doesnt work online, which sucks.