• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the wire trick problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

copycat

Registered
well i have a celeron 633 and its v core its 1,65V but when i read the article in the main page (www.overclockers.com) it was only one option from 1,65V to 2.05. i tried it but computer crashes when booting. the cooling is adequate though at 50 celcius. ar there any more info on how to get it for example at 1,85 or 1.95???

the modo is a VT82c692bx by jetway with a via VT82C693 apollo pro plus chipset.

The Coolest

Are you saying you got 50C with 1.65volts or 50c w/ 2.05? if its with the 1.65, then you can't say that the cooling is adequate, because 50C for stock voltage on a Celeron which run very cool is a very high temp and I wouldn't suggest to make such a high vcore bump if you got 50c at stock, cause you can simply burn out the processor, and ou should look into getting better cooling before bumping up the vcore to such high amounts

batboy

Senior Moment
I agree, 50 degrees on a Coppermine is scorching hot. Most overclocked Coppermine cores start getting unstable in the mid-40's. In my opinion, using 2.05v is way too much if you're just using air cooling. You might get away with it if you're using watercooling and/or peltiers.

OP
C

copycat

Registered
well i asked something else and anwsered in something else. :(

this happens when its overclocked from 633 to 788 but during 788 sometimes it works and sometimes not, thats why i want the vcore somewhere near 1,85. i measured the temperature putting a thermometer on the heasink, not from a monitor chip which is on the mobo.