• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

THe X2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AOpen

im looking at getting an x2 but the problem is i dont know how to oc a x2 is it the same as a single core, or is it where one clock might reach a certain speed and the other core will not??

terran2k

same as a single core. cannot have them run at different speeds. core 0 might be stable at 2500Mhz while core 1 might only be able to muster 2300Mhz, so your max OC would be the lowest #, ie. 2300Mhz. My x2, core 0 max is 2500Mhz. it errors out in prime at 2600Mhz, but core 1 will run it like a champ. might want to look into an opteron dual core while ur at it.

Last edited:

evancold

Don't get the X2, get the dual core Opteron 165. Overclocks better and has a bigger cache. I wish I would have waited a little bit longer for the Opteron, but I am still happy with my X2, just not as happy as I would be with the Opteron 165.

OP
AOpen

AOpen

never had a bad board from FOXCONN, i will stick with FOXCONN. I have had bad boards from dfi though, and a couple from asus, but never from FOXCONN. And i have had boards(5 exactly) ranging from 35-110 dollars from foxconn.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
IMO I would @ least go with a little better board I know thecoolest recommended the DFI but I would recommend either the asrock sataII or the epox board as I havn't heard to much good about the brand you are refering.

ASROCK board
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813157081

Epox board
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813123236

P.S. we dont recommend these board's because we like them or the way the look most of us recommend stuff do to it's oustanding performance.
Jonspd

The Coolest

FOXCONN is probably ok, the thing with it tho, is that the tweaking and overclocking options on such boards are either slim or non existant. These are boards for integrated system and OEMs, they're reliable, but they aren't a good choice of board for an enthusiast, or even a beginner that wants to seriously get into computers.