• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Themaltake Blue Orb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sinkhole

Registered
Ive got a Blue Orb hangin around was just wonderin everyones thought on using it for the Northbridge on my A7N8X-D motherboard. Yes-No-Maybe. Just wonderin.

Sink

Ffats

Don't see why not. You could probably get a little more mhz out of the FSB with a blue orb (or any active cooler really).

I'd probably mount a 40mm on top of that passive cooler on the Asus. I don't like the noise or look of the blue orb. Just looks cheap, IMO

sandman001

Just Freeze It
my blue orb almost killed my geforce 3. the power cord went up into the fan, dropped 10mhz off the core o/c. I now use a stock AMd heatsink on my geforce 3.

It will work with the fan off.

wannaoc

I currently use one on my 9600 and it works like a charm. If I remember currectly the blue orb is actually a NB cooler so it should work fine, I did lap mine so the paint on the bottom wasn't blocking heat but thats it.