• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Theory | By Hannes ~ A Lian Li PC-8nb sculpture

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hannes F

Theory | By Hannes

Creativity is neither a strategy nor a form of sublimation to deal with madness. Madness is merely creativity thwarted by society, a label created by society in order to imprison its visionaries.

A brief introduction, an epilogue to the next air-cooled construction. Theory | By Hannes will be clearly inspired by Carl Axel Olsson's work. He is a person who meant a lot for my creative develpoment and by that also had à great impact on the person I am today. I will show off some of his works and then also use them in my design of the construction process. I will include much of his style in this building as a tribute to a great mentor.

The case itself, I will not do much with the outside, Lian Li has just about exact perfection in this chassis, but a lot will be done on the inside. Firstly, I'll powder-coat the inside black. I will be working a lot of revising their designs to something more clean, and then implement the art that I and many others Swedish "västeråsare" grown up with.

I have some problems with the color scheme of this building and because of that I will not talk much about it yet, but if you have any creative suggestions and I'll be more than happy to hear from you, and reflect a bit about them. My problem is so far that you can't get the sleeves in the color I want to use with this chassis. Sleeve is something that I've seen as a must so far in all my builds, maybe it's time to look for other methods. Or maybe someone *cough* Nils *cough* have some insight on new colored sleeves.

Traditionally, the enthusiast building always either incredibly impressive with cut-out details or elaborate engravings, or they are classy and almost minimalist with an incredible balance between what is necessary and what is "just for show" with millimeter performance and execution. I will not go away quite as far from it as I've done with the Echo, it is enough with the love-hate relationship between it and me to last a lifetime. No, I will keep the building clean, but also include the influences that I think is needed in computer-building: Sculptures. Sculpting the chassis is something I wanted to wait for until my Singularity build, which will be in an V1010 or V2010, but it's something I think I can implement in this construction aswell, by the inspiration of Carl Axel Olsson's art.

Grandpa, this is for you.

Sponsors​

1238y3c.jpg

4 BILLET MACHINED ALUMINUM "MICRO" CASE FEET
Protect your desktop. Thick hard rubber helps prevent vibration.
Improve airflow beneath your case!
1" diameter x 5/8" height
Mounts into materials up to 3/16" thick.

artbyfamily.png

theorybyhannes2.png

263dbv5.jpg
a0l26s.jpg
3307fcm.jpg
2hqq69i.jpg
2uiizw4.jpg
ei13qq.jpg
6z26ps.jpg
282gilx.jpg
1ieedg.jpg
9gat1u.jpg
juzoew.jpg
dgqo94.jpg
ab06xe.jpg
bj5t82.jpg
ir1bnp.jpg
6ocrif.jpg
2duweg.jpg
2llorb8.jpg
2z9lhfk.jpg
zx1zqh.jpg
350rrtl.jpg
2mez49i.jpg
910395.jpg
110ybn8.jpg
20psg0l.jpg
2ufzmgp.jpg
1zxxqn6.jpg
1z4lmh0.jpg
2rhxzrq.jpg
Videos

Overview

System On

In 3D
www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ2RN4Bn1dA

Custom Fan design

28a1g2h.jpg

And here's all the pieces.
2d9npz7.jpg

There's some ways you can assemble it. :) I think I like the #6 best.
352207n.jpg

Here's some ideas of a SSD mount I have. Ignore the brand. It'll be Corsair. ^^,
j16fsi.jpg

xn6k4k.jpg

2hhoo7p.jpg

2rpb87q.jpg

It would seem like I'm almost finished, but really, I'm not. I'm about half way through on this build which I began in 2010. Please stay tuned for more updates!

Back