• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thermal adhesive tape

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gosu

i looking thermal adhesive tape for my thermaltake memory cooling kit
i heve one error a install memory cooling in my memory DDR and broke thermal tape =(
where can buy this product or what i can for use my memory cooling kit

plz help

Is there not an option to use a "clip"? They would be better to use since they can not damage the modules when removing the coolers. 3M has a product similar to it so maybe you can check their site.

You REALLY DONT want thermal tape.
Its junk.
Get a thermal Adheasive it work about 5X better that tape.

Or you can just mae your own (i have done that)
Thermal paste in the center and a drop a Krazy Glue in the coners.

res0r9lm said:
I have heard that jb weld makes decent thermal epoxy.

I've heard the opposite, that it makes a great epoxy but doesn't have the greatest heat transfer... still, just about anything is going to be at least on par with frag tape, heh.
Peace
John

JB weld does make good adhesive, and it's decent thermally, but only if the layer is very very very thin. EG. put some in between and clamp it in a vice as tight as you dare. And don't expect to get it off again.

AS epoxy is better, thier website gives instructions on making it

if i have artic silver 3 but no artic silver thermal adesive
how i can paste my heatsinks in my radeon or geforce

krazy glue??

epoxy

or what??

give ideas plz

thz

WeaponX said:
Why not use Arctic Alumina to do the job? I'll transfer the heat well and it'll stick forever :D

I'll still stick to Krazy Glue in the coners and AS in the center(rest)
works better than AA, and sticks as long as you don freeze it, and pry it off

Back