• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermal Compund Shootout

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Re: G-751

Shin-Etsu said:
edited by cw823

4. We do not permit advertising OF ANY KIND! This includes posting your URL, offering items for sale or trade Or announcements of new sites This applies equally to commercial and private ads. We do permit Senior Members to post their URLs - this is the only exception.

Hmm.

If I do a search for member name "Nevin", I find a lot of posts from a person purporting to represent Arctic Silver. Where exactly is this line drawn?

ok

wow that was quick. guess we are all online now :)

The X-23-7798D does perform better than G-751 (especially above 2 mils). Please see the attached ...

The Thermal resistance is in terms of (mm^2 * K / W)

*drums his fingers. (Mr Burns style)*

Excellent.

Im assuming that can be purchased just as the g-751 in quantitys of 50, 1 gram syringes?

well notice what the chart says. if you have a layer thicker than 1mm the new X-23-7798D formula is better (according to their tests) but if you are thinner, then the g-751 is still better.

how thick do you think the layer is between the cpu and HS. if its 1mm both are pretty equal so which ever you can find would be the suggestion. the refrigeration issue is also another concern. i asked about that already so im waiting for the e-mail

stay tuned

There was some bad info floating around (such as refrigeration) that was corrected by that post. A much more selective revision could have been done and debatable if that was needed. :eek:

Nicely said Deeppow. And thanks for pointing that out to me Bertha. I'm very stupid and had failed to notice that point. (No, I'm not being sarcastic.)

There was some bad info floating around (such as refrigeration) that was corrected by that post.

which post. mine?

i didnt find any info out on that yet and if it was in the deleted post i never saw it. ****

i too am a dumb ***. just one who can read charts :)

Re: Re: G-751

Since87 said:

Shin-Etsu said:
edited by cw823

4. We do not permit advertising OF ANY KIND! This includes posting your URL, offering items for sale or trade Or announcements of new sites This applies equally to commercial and private ads. We do permit Senior Members to post their URLs - this is the only exception.

Hmm.

If I do a search for member name "Nevin", I find a lot of posts from a person purporting to represent Arctic Silver. Where exactly is this line drawn?

I was of the opinion that the Line is actually drawn on Advertising.. at no time that I am aware of has Nevin actually advertised A-Silver and if you read some of the posts which can be searched for he generally attempts to help answer questions regarding A-Silver in the same manner as any forum user would with as much knowledge as him on the product. The only other situations that I am aware of regarding A-Silver which Nevin has been involved with is when a forum user is mis-informed and buys a product which he believes to be A-Silver when in reality it is not. In situations such as these Nevin has been known to replace the bad purchace with the real thing. ??

The forum rules are clearly stated and must be followed by all, If there is a product of interest to the forum community and you are possibly involved with it.. My advice would be simple.. Send a sample to Joe for a review on the front page.

Last edited:
how bout that dave (read above)

a review using the die simulator. maybe that will put some concerns to rest

Re: Re: G-751

Since87 said:

Hmm.

Yes, and this company rep is more than welcome to post and participate as well. You will notice that Nevin doesn't include urls for their website either. He has posted informational urls, such as to test results etc. And has never specifically promoted sales at the forums.

big_bertha said:
well notice what the chart says. if you have a layer thicker than 1mm the new X-23-7798D formula is better (according to their tests) but if you are thinner, then the g-751 is still better.

That chart is labeled in mils not millimeters. A mil is 1/1000 of an inch.

My digital calipers tell me there are 39.5 mils to a mm.

My calipers also measure a piece of notebook paper at 3.5 mils.

You are talking thicknesses that very few people can/will control well.

my bad. ok... so the new stuff is better

as well here is the info on the refrigeration, that was deleted.

The G-751 should not be refrigerated. As I stated in the forum (which got erased), when stored in refrigeration, and used in ambient temperatures, condensation forms on the grease. Since the base material of the grease is silicone oil, water is detrimental to the performance of the grease.

big_bertha,
which post. mine?
No, think I saw it in one of the meetthegeeks posting related to a review somewhere.

Thanks for adding the info back about refrigeration. :cool:

Got a message from David regarding how to tell the difference between 751 and the older 749.
To tell the difference between the G-749 / G-765 and G-751 products, take a look at the caps. The G-751 has blue caps, the G-749/G-765 have red caps. Unfortunately we do not label each syringe with the part number.
I got the blue caps. :D

Last edited:
Well... If enough are interested I should have the cash to make a bulk purchase of this. I can't make this thread in classifieds. I can't even see if someone else has. But a few more days and I should have the required posts. And if noone else has got plans for this going than I'll put them in motion.

lithan.... im in for a few.

get that new goop if you do... not 751 .... we need a nick name for it. why do companys insist on fuxored product names. anyways...

Hey, I'm in for a tube (maybe more!) of either of those pastes once Joe finishes his bidniss :) The newer one seems better on paper, if it can be proven better then I'll want that. Keep me posted as the group buy evolves.

--Illah

Back