• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermal Gleu replacement??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.


Dec 25, 2000
Hi,guy"s , I would like to now if there is a other sort of glue (don't now if it is spelled like this but any way) that i can use to make a permanent connection between the cpu core and a cold plate ?? The thermal conductive glue as seen at many site's is not to come by in the Netherlands and i am wondering if there is not some other glue that i can use ??? thanks for your advice!
I wouldn't bother making a permanent join, just in case you ever wanted to upgrade the chip and keep the colplate/peltier, or keep the chip and remove the pelt. When you clamp the coldplate, peltier and waterblock/heatsink to the cpu the pressure ought to keep the coldplate in place - just spread some thermal paste like arctic silver between the core and the coldplate.