• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thermalright ax7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

so many choices

hey guys I need to get this heatsingk off my motherboard.

I've been trying for 2 days to get it off I'm gonna use it for my athlon 1000

any suggestions on how to get it off?

WarriorII

Moderator #666
Careful Determination

Leave it for a day. Clear your head.
Take Needle nose pliars, and a small flat tip screwdriver.
Use the pliars to pull down on the release and the screw driver to slide the clip away from the lug.

Without breaking it. :)

:cool:

Puer Aeternus

Wish I ahd Careful Determination when I took off my Tt Mini Super Orb...I took a piece of the socket off and ruined the chip:eek:
I know better now..sometimes we just get too excited to make a change in our rig and care consideration should be our priority..but i am like that in all aspects of my life..I get an idea and rush off to do it..got burned a few times:D

Gnufsh

It is possible to get with just a screwdriver, but it takes two hands and a lot of work. Keep working at it, it took me a while to figure it out. Above all, be careful!

-Dan

TimDgsr

is it that much of a pain to get off? how well did it go on?

I was kinda planning on getting one of those, maybe i'll just stick with my sk6 when i swap motherboards?

Gilgamesh

get a fork and put a spike in one of the holes and after that while you pressing down the clip with your fingers you pull the clip out and thats it