• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright SK6 vs. Millenium Glaciator ? Which is better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ozzy0627

Just wandering whichone of these heatsinks I should buy? Im gettin 1.4ghz. And does anyone have links to where I can buy these?

Hoot

Inactive Moderator
If you don't intend to overclock that 1.4 too far, the Glaciator is an excellent choice.

Hoot

Randy

ozzy0627 (Jul 08, 2001 09:04 a.m.):
Just wandering whichone of these heatsinks I should buy? Im gettin 1.4ghz. And does anyone have links to where I can buy these?

Take a look at heatsink reviews on the opening page of this site Joe did a test of the Glaciator the SK6 and the MC462A The SK6 was the best by about 2% not much but it goes to show that with either hsf you should get good results. I favor the SK6 because you have the option of changing fans on it, others favor the Glaciator because it's quiet. Personally I don't think the delta 38cfm fan is all that loud. If your interested in the SK6 you can get it at http://1coolpc.com for 32.00 with every thing but the fan, then you can pick a fan that meets your cooling needs.

OP
O

ozzy0627

Thanks for the tips guys . Right now I have A icebox 1000 case with 7 case fans, 1 hardrive cooler, blorb on the way, blue orb for geforce 3, and im thinking of getting some thermaltake heatsinks for my ram. I want to try and push my chip as far as it can go without water cooling.

ps I have a p4 approved 340watt powersupply becuase I was orignally going to by a pentium. Will this be enough power for all my fans and stuff?

klosters64a

If you want reasonably quiet CPU cooling, it looks like you can't beat the Glaciator. If max cooling is a must, the SK6 with a Delta 38 is hard too beat.