• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright Slk-947u

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaa185

Hello All! I am new to the forums and I am having a cooling problem. I have a THERMALRIGHT SLK-947U with AS-5 and a Vantec Tornado attached to my AMD XP 2500-m and my temps run between 54-58c. I also have an Antec case with 2 120mm fans. Any help or suggestions would be great to get temps lower (<50c).

towcutter

Registered
It sounds like the heatsink isn't making 100% contact with your cpu. Make sure the SLK isn't hanging up on a capacitor, as i had to file off some of mine to make it fit.

mtb856

Sweet, that's a common problem for people the first time they install the Thermalright HS's. I found out the hard way that with the slk-948 and AS5, you have to twist the HS to get it to release the cpu... I pulled up the first time and it ripped the cpu out of the socket and bent a row of pins. So remember to twist when removing :)

Glad you figured out what the problem was.

BTW,Welcome to the Forums :)