• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright True Spirit 140 Heatsink any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ITAngel

Hey guys I am looking for a air cooler to buy right now the current memory I own is 2x Corsair Vengeance 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3 1600 MHz PC3 12800 240-Pin DDR3 Dual Channel Memory Kit 1.5V. I want to make sure the cooler fitst. I was told tha the True Spirit 140 is one of the best if not the best cooler to get. Is that true if not what would be a good cooler that will handle this ram and allow me to overclock better? Thanks in Advance!

So... what is the system config? Your signature machine has different RAM than what you list in the post...

Studio PC - Cubase 8 Machine
CPU: Intel i5-2500 -------------------------------------|RAM: 2x4 Crucial DDR3 1333Mhz
MOBO:ASUS P8H67-M LE -----------------------------|FANS: 6x Nidec Servo GentleTyphoon 120mm 2150 RPM PWM
VIDEO: XFX RX 480 RS 8GB -------------------------|CASE: Thermaltake Core X9
HDD: 3TB Seagate 7200rpm -------------------------|OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit
PSU: ENERMAX Noisetaker II EG495P-VE 485W ---|HDD: 320GB Seagate 7200rpm
COOLER:Thermaltake CLP0534 SlimX3 -------------|KEYBOARD & MOUSE: Logitech G710 & Logitech G9/G600

Sorry the system is not the same anymore is going to be a MSI A88XM Gaming with AMD Athlon II X4 860K. I still have a i5-2500 just going to test the AMD with the ram listed first and then I may slowly hunt for a 4 slot board for the i5-2500. I have update my signature.

Last edited:
Need to know the case to know the cooler that will fit...

I was stuck between the Phanteks Eclipse P400 and the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M. Both looks like good cases but I am worried if the Eclipse run will not allow enough air in. I will be using GT 2150rpm PWM fans on the front of any of those cases since they are strong static fans. I was also considering the Corsair 600C but not sure on the quality of Corsair cases. I was looking at the True Spirit 140, the Cryorig R1 Ultimate CR-R1A Dual Tower CPU Heatsink with 2xXF140 fans. At the worse case the Corsair H115i V2. Here is the deal so far on prices.

1. Phanteks Enthoo Pro M with Acrylic Window = $89.99 non acrylic $$ 64 99
2. Phanteks Eclipse Series P400 =$59.99
3. Corsair 600C = $83.64

So I am trying to squeeze every cost into getting a decent case, really good cooling and power supply. Like the EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B1, 80+ BRONZE 750W, Semi Modular, 5 Year Warranty, for $69.99. Any recommendation is welcome. Thanks!

Last edited:
Why a 750W PSU? Are you running SLI?

Not at the moment I am not but I do plan to drop later on a RX 480 RS again since I have a XFX RX 480 RS but I don't think the mobo and cpu will handle it until I upgrade later on. By the way i am so debating on this case man Corsair Carbide Clear 600C Inverse ATX Full Tower Case. Also the power supply is made super flower something I forgot the manufacture and is a really good one. When I did the calculation I needed 650W max anything over like running AM3+ 9590FX dual card with 6 drives and 6 fans etc... was requiring 750W. For the price that was not a bad unit but please let me know if you have something else that will be cheaper and better. Current system can get away with a 550W unit.

Last edited:
That cooler is tall. Make sure you get a case that has enough clearance to the side panel to accommodate it.

That cooler is tall. Make sure you get a case that has enough clearance to the side panel to accommodate it.

The Carbide Clear 600C Inverse ATX Full Tower Case seems like a pretty wide case, I am not sure of the Pro M yet but I think the Eclipse P400 is smaller. Worse case I go with a Corsair H115i V2 or something along those lines.

Last edited:
spirit 140 POWER is the good one. my old one is sitting in a box if you want to buy it. it gets within 1 degree of the reeven ouranos and compares favorably or beats the nhd15 /14 depending on the review. it's very tall though. measure first.

spirit 140 POWER is the good one. my old one is sitting in a box if you want to buy it. it gets within 1 degree of the reeven ouranos and compares favorably or beats the nhd15 /14 depending on the review. it's very tall though. measure first.

All interesting good to know thanks I will need to compare heights on the case I am looking into and that cooler.

Back