• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake 60mm cooling fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tab

Registered
I am trying to maintain a descent temp. on my cpu with a fan that isn't too damn loud. The Delta is out (I like airplanes but not in my room!), I have a Papst 33cfm fan that I had been using with my Alpha Pal 6035...it was loud but a lot better than the Delta. I just bought a Thermoengine and while it cools about 4 deg.celcius better than the Pal it is a lot louder with the Papst fan now because of the design of the sink on the Thermoengine. (The reviews don't mention that) My question is: has anybody tried out the new Thermaltake 60mm fans? The specs list it at 31cfm at 28dBa. The Papst is listed at 33cfm at 43 dBa. This should be a good compromise between noise and performance........but are the numbers for the Thermaltake legit?.........anybody using these that can give me some feed back would be appreciated.
My numbers with the Papst and the Thermoengine are: 37 idle and 47 load (In a cpu trolley next to my desk)
Thanks

Looks like nobody's using the Thermaltake 60mm as I got no responses to my post. I did some checking, and found an article over at http://www.voidyourwarranty.net/reviews/?r1=fans1/index.php3 that compares it to a few fans, including the Delta. The 31cfm looks to be legit by looking at the test numbers. (1degree C of the Delta) This looks to be an effective solution between noise and performance guys. Just thought I'd relay the info.

Later,

Tom

by the way, it is thermo sonic not thermotake, thermotake make orbs(yuck) i havent tryed the new 31cfm one, i use a delta but used to use a ys-tech

most deaf

uhhh no, he means thermaltake. he want's to know if anyone has used their 60 mm fans w/ the incredible claims of 31 cfm at 28dBa.

when this fan first came out all the reviewers claimed it was no where near the claimed output. the latest review that tab has linked us to claims that it does actually put out 31 cfm. interesting claim. i may buy one just to see. :)

I do know that the 60mm fan on the top of the Volcano II isn't what they rate it at. The fan spins at about 4500RPM on average, there is no way it can provide that CFM at that low of an RPM. I have a volcano II and it moves less air than my two YS Tech 60mm fans I have from my FOP32's. Infact, when I mounted the YS Tech 60mm fan on the Volcano II (because my temps were sucking so bad for an apparant 30cfm+Fan) my temperatures dropped 3 degress, but the mounting plate for the Volcano II sucks so bad that the YSTech was vibrating the hell out of it! I could feel the vibrations in the floor about 2 feet away from that fan.

It's a piece of junk.

Shawn

Just installed a 60mm Thermaltake 31cfm@28dbl on my alpa pal 6035, replacing a sunon 27 cfm, my temps are down about 4c. The thermaltakes are hard to find, voidyourwarranty had a link to so-trick computers, which is where i got mine@ $9.50. So far I am pleased with the performance of the fan.

Cowtown (Jul 03, 2001 01:19 p.m.):
I do know that the 60mm fan on the top of the Volcano II isn't what they rate it at. The fan spins at about 4500RPM on average, there is no way it can provide that CFM at that low of an RPM. I have a volcano II and it moves less air than my two YS Tech 60mm fans I have from my FOP32's. Infact, when I mounted the YS Tech 60mm fan on the Volcano II (because my temps were sucking so bad for an apparant 30cfm+Fan) my temperatures dropped 3 degress, but the mounting plate for the Volcano II sucks so bad that the YSTech was vibrating the hell out of it! I could feel the vibrations in the floor about 2 feet away from that fan.

It's a piece of junk.

Shawn

The fan on the Volcano was actually an Everflow design. Thermaltake is having their own fans made now and I think the bad press from the Volcano (the Everflow cfm mystery) is affecting the new fans. I had to look hard to find a review on this fan......you think somebody would have checked it out. If the 31 cfm at 28dBa is correct, than this fan is a godsend. I don't know about you guys, but the Delta is too loud for me to enjoy any type of game with atmosphere in it. It's pretty hard to be scared in Undying when you hear this Boeing 747 sitting next to you. I will know shortly as I have ordered one from http://www.thecardcooler.com It should be coming any day now. I have also ordered a OCZ Gladiator, which I should receive tomorrow. I will post my temps with that setup as well as the Alpha Pal so we can get an idea of the efficiency of this fan.

Back