• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ThermalTake Front Panel USB help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BrianH2O

I am helping someone put a system together with a Thermaltake 5000 case and an Asus P4S533 motherboard.

The Asus header uses a 9 pin array as follows

5V-2.....Data2-.....Data2+.....GND.....OC1#
5V-3.....Data3-.....Data3+.....GND

The ThermalTake case has 5 individual pin connectors labeled as
VCC1
VCC2
DATA-1
DATA-2
DATA+1
DATA+2
GND1
GND2
SHEILD

I connected the pins as follows
VCC1 ......5V-2
Data-1.....Data2-
Data+1....Data2+
GND1.......GND on top row
SHIELD....OC1#
VCC2.......5V-3
Data-2.....Data3-
Data+2....Data4+
GND2.......GND on bottom row

When I boot, IDE secondary does not reconize an devices connected to it (ie DVD played). Remove the pins and everything is fine.

What order should these pins be connected???

Crazy Jayhawk

The arrangement you have there looks like it should work. The only thing I can think of is this: Try leaving the Shield pin unconnected. Everything else looks like it's connected where it should be.

badvector

I agree with Crazy Jayhawk. I have mine hooked up the same, minus the shield and it works just fine. It's an Abit board, but the theory is the same.

NeoN068

ya this can be a pain in the butt cause my freind has the same one and it did the same thing... i forget how he fixed it though... i'll ask him

OP
B

BrianH2O

Thanks all

The problem was the Shield pin. When left unplugged, the secondary IDE worked and so did the USB ports.

Amazing!