• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Level 10 PC case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkFury

whats the cooling like though? and how the hell do you hide wires that wont fit in the back.

it looks sweet, but you cant fit normal stuff in there ( by normal i mean TRUE, WC'n, or large items)

nzaneb

It's not really my cup of tea. Not sure if it is, but it looks like molded plastic. It's not very aesthetically appealing. It simply looks like a board with a bunch of boxes hanging off the side of it, or storage bins on a work bench. Sure it's different, but not in a good way. Just my 2 cents :beer:

subverb

I'm reserving judgement on sizing and all that until one is actually shown in greater detail what fits and what does not - especially of the interior...

Judging from the pictures though there appears to be a 120mm (my best guess based on current trends) "front" intake fan behind the HDD rack thingy, a 120mm side fan above the CPU, and a 120mm rear exhaust fan

Blackstar

Well, I guess I can see why some may be resistant to a concept like this. But I have to say, this design gets me excited. Not so much for it's real world practicality but what it represents in possibilities and new ideas in computer design. I look at the images and think of how I would change it, or how I could make something similar. It looks deceptively simple and yet very different from what most everyone else is doing today. I look at it and think about what you could do with it, or with something similar. Such as the spine being a metal 'peg-board' where you can rearrange parts where you like, or maybe a desktop config with a long flat hutch and ambient cooling to reduce fan noise, or maybe the spine itself be a self contained water cooled radiator... and so on. ;)

It's just for years and years I've felt the computer design industry is more than a little stagnated in it's options and it's only those with fabricating skills and decent equipment that produce anything truly original. When you get right down to it, look at any random 10 or 20 computer cases online and 85% or so made are exactly the same metal box with a slight variation of plastic face on it with a colored light inside. :-/ If I see one more of those I think I'm going to cry. :cry: Lol.

This is the first one in a long while I guess that just really got my creative juices flowing. So love it or hate it, at least you can't say it's average. ;)

- Blackstar

mercalf

I thought it looked awesome, until I saw the relative size to a human being.

It's the size of a grown-man's torso...that's just TOO big for a trendy-type case.

OldSkool

Rest In Peace
It looks neat......so much for W/C though :shrug:

That fact alone makes the case nothing more than non-functional eye candy to me :bang head

Blackstar

I thought it looked awesome, until I saw the relative size to a human being.

It's the size of a grown-man's torso...that's just TOO big for a trendy-type case.

Yeah, it is a bit on the large size. But it could just be cause of the angle on the pedestal. Would be nice to see it compared to a known case.

I try it imagine what a smaller mobo like a Micro-ATX would look like. :)

It looks neat......so much for W/C though :shrug:

That fact alone makes the case nothing more than non-functional eye candy to me :bang head

Well, not necessarily. If it becomes anything more than a show piece I'm sure the high end target market would suggest, nay demand for a water cooling option. Which I'm sure would be happily received. ;)

- Blackstar

sekai

not bad, like the idea of this case, but if your system is gonne make heavy use of your hard drives, then they may get really hot, that is, if its molded plastic, but maybe aluminum would be ok.

more of a show piece after all if you ask me, for sure this case would cost a bunch to buy, then you would need to pay for all these long cables.... wich cost more...

i once had a plan in my head to make somthing like this, but would not be a bunch of box on a flat panel, a well.

thats all from me

mbigna

Looks like a 'concept' case to me. Probably not something they are prepared to put into production. When you start compartmentalizing around components like that, you limit yourself as to what hardware you can actually use.

Also, boxing up each of the separate components would seem to me to make it more difficult to cool the components.

It also looks like it would be a bear to dust off every week.

It looks nice, though.