• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thermaltake or zalman for nf7-s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mindwar

Registered
well i'll get an abit nf7-s v2.0 soon hopefully and i'm lookin at a selection of the following coolers
1. Thermaltake volcano 12+
2. Zalman CNPS7000A-ALCU
wich would in you're oppinion be better performence wise?
and 2ndly would they fit ok on the nf7-s ?

The Zalman will definitely fit.
You must reverse the mounting brackets and trim the retainer clip on one side ( easily done and quite obvious if you have the parts in hand), but it will fit, no problem.

I have used the Zalman with excellent results and recommend it without reservation.

HousERaT said:
:confused: nobody like swiftech heatsinks besides me? :confused:
I guess so.
I limit my recommendations to things I have actually tried.
I own the Zalman and have actually installed it on a NF7-S, hence, I can recommend it.
I've read good things about Swifties though.

Afraid not lol, And I dont think the Zalman will fit on the NF7-S.
Wrong.
Terribly, terribly wrong.

I dont recomend thermaltake as an hs even tho peolpe use it for there cheap price I would grab a nice copper cooler from thermalright , swiftech, or zalman in that order first being best on my list of coolers to buy if thats hard now its time to choose which one fit. To do that do to the website and see what fits as most of them do fit the nf7-s. I know cause I just checked hope that helps

My bro in law has the Zalman on his NF7-S and has had nothing but problems with it. I just sit here and grin because I told him before he got it to get the SP97 like I did. :D Just break down and get the SP97 and you will be a happy camper :attn:

HousERaT said:
:confused: nobody like swiftech heatsinks besides me? :confused:

I do!! Got one one my cpu and one one my Northbridge. Couldn't be happier with them.

I run a 2400ghz (same chip as yours) With a swiftech mcx462-v on it. My temps are around 43 idle, and 50C load at 1.825v. I would recommend it to anyone. Plus, its small enough so that you can fit a big northbridge cooler on. (Like my swiftech 159 :p )

I'd listen to post # 4. I was going to go with a thermaltake volcano but everyone convincned me to go with SLK947-U. Ended up going over the budget I know it will be worth it in the long run.

My SLK947-U will arrive Tuesday

If you don't mind having an airplane in the house when it's on highest settings, go for the Volcano 12.

If you don't mind hacking manually for 15-30 mins with a hack saw or using a power tool to cut off a piece of the metal clip off the Zalman HSF, and prefer the same performance at a MUCH more quiet noise level (you can't even hear it), then go for the Zalman.

See my sig?

donedeal123 said:
are you sure he mounted that hs right cause it should not give any problems if its making good contact.

Yup, Im sure he did it right. More then once too.

Dubbin1 said:
My bro in law has the Zalman on his NF7-S and has had nothing but problems with it.
What kind of problems did he have?
The 7000 installed (relatively) easily and worked just fine on my NF7-S.

yea i know the sp97 and generaly thermalright hs are good, but u cant find one over here (romania) and ordering from outside the country wouldnt go to well, thoes coolers were the olny worth-while options that i can get my hands on for now
thanks for the replys

Back