• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Pacific M360 Plus D5 Hard Tube Water Cooling Kit LEAKED 5 Times PETG

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hyukang

New to the board, my first attempt to watercool using the Thermaltake M360 Plus Kit. Once the system was complete, I filled the reservoir and let the system bleed (with refill cap opened). Once the air is out, I close the fill port and within 24 hours the system builds up too much pressure and disconnects from one of the fittings. This happens when the pump is running and even when it's not. The location of the leak is different every time. So far I had to RMA the motherboard and Ram. I'm not sure why it continues to leak or builds up too much pressure even when the pump is turned off. Please check out the pictures and tell me what i'm doing wrong. Thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,046
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,070
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 785
Did you do a thorough rad dance? Maybe check the cpu block for obstructions? (I'd say GPU block too but you can see inside that one. so just look inside for any obstructions.)

How long ago did you build this system? Could microbial metabolism create gas in the closed system? Long shot, I know and even if that were possible it would not happen on a newly built loop.

As Blaylock already said, I wonder if three is obstruction somewhere? Also, maybe turning the pump RPM down might lower the pressure.

After running for a while do you fill the reservoir all the way to the top? And then close the fill port?

It could be something as simple as the water/air expanding when it gets warm. If you leave some room at the top of the reservoir for expansion you may be ok.

The only thing that steers me away from a blockage somewhere is that it looks like the return pipe going to the reservoir which has popped off. If it was a blockage I would expect a fitting before the cpu Block to be the one to pop off.

Other than that have you tightened the fittings enough? If you are new to water cooling it can be easy to under tighten through fear of breaking something.

And also as a side note, you were very lucky to get an rma with the board from water damage. With modern fluids though, as long as the fluid doesn’t get on any components whilst they are running you should be able to just let them dry and they should work once dry.

my guess is that your missing some o rings and or the fittings arent tightened down enough? its really hard to say without getting my hands on it. either way you REALLY should do your leak test with the loop outside of the case AWAY from your precious gear.

my guess is that your missing some o rings and or the fittings arent tightened down enough? its really hard to say without getting my hands on it. either way you REALLY should do your leak test with the loop outside of the case AWAY from your precious gear.

Amen!

Back