• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake TR2-M2 Oppinions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mochi

I've just purchased this cooler to replace a Titan TT5TB-TC, that was suffering from a bad temperature sensor (very low RPMs).

So I removed the Titan, cleaned the CPU (1800+ [email protected]*12) and installed the new cooler.

After that I powered on the system; it had passed only 5 minutes and the T.M.D. fan suddenly failed. I removed it from the heatsink and reattached it but without tightening the screws very much and adding non conductive separators. This fixed the problem.

But now comes the worse point; the performance : this cooler spinning at 4500 RPM gives the same performance as the larger (but lighter) all aluminium Titan spinning at 3000; I got 60ºC and now I get exactly the same; 56 idle and 60 load. If I lower the RPMs to 3000 I get 63ºC load!!!

So in my opinion this thing is not a bargain as everybody is telling around; the only good thing about it is the TMD fan (if it works at all).