• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

These look okay or need to change

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The RAM looks fine, But how the heck did you manage to overclock the i5 4670?? Or did you forgot to write the "K"?
Also it shows that the CPU multiplier is set to 34 not to 40.. So its 3.4GHz..

I doubt very much that chip is overclocked. 2nd pic on the left shows Hardware monitor and below shows CPU frequency @ 3.4Ghz.

Download and install CpuZ from here . Open the main tab (Cpuz) and it will show current cpu speed.

Most likely it's the turbo speed when under load.

The goal with overclocking is to reach a clockspeed with the least amount of voltage to be stable. Have you reached your clocks? If so, is it using the least voltage you can while being stable? Are you stress testing? What is your process???

You just set 40x and the voltage to 1.125?? Is it stable? Want to go higher?

Something.....lol!

I doubt very much that chip is overclocked. 2nd pic on the left shows Hardware monitor and below shows CPU frequency @ 3.4Ghz.

Download and install CpuZ from here . Open the main tab (Cpuz) and it will show current cpu speed.

Most likely it's the turbo speed when under load.
I think so, it falls back to 800mhz at idle..Isn't that the goal to use higher clock speeds only when needed?

I think so, it falls back to 800mhz at idle..Isn't that the goal to use higher clock speeds only when needed?

Then it's not overclocked. It's running @ normal clock speeds, then enables turbo on it's own when needed. Overclocking is when you set the clock speeds in the bios manually for it to run oc'ed 24/7. You can also enable c-states and it will drop clock speeds when idle, but ramps up to overclocked settings when needed.

Your chip is running @ it's default settings.

My chip (sig) is running 4.7Ghz all the time. I set the clock speeds in bios and disabled the c-states (power saving) features for it to run @ my oc'ed settings constantly.

Then it's not overclocked. It's running @ normal clock speeds, then enables turbo on it's own when needed. Overclocking is when you set the clock speeds in the bios manually for it to run oc'ed 24/7. You can also enable c-states and it will drop clock speeds when idle, but ramps up to overclocked settings when needed.

Your chip is running @ it's default settings.

My chip (sig) is running 4.7Ghz all the time. I set the clock speeds in bios and disabled the c-states (power saving) features for it to run @ my oc'ed settings constantly.
Temps when using AIDA64 stress test (51c max) and CpuZ show 4008mhz..looks overclocked to me. Just don't see any need to run max speeds at idle..I been out of OCing
for a while maybe things have changed

Yup. @ idle your cpu speed is 800Mhz (8x100Mhz) When under load using AIDA64 your cpu will enable turbo mode and ramp to 40x and is running 4.0Ghz.

I was wondering on voltage, maybe too low or high even if it's stable...But looking through some older posts I see most of these event viewer errors that Asus boards throw out have been around a while and look harmless. (ACPI, AMDA00..ect)

Well if you ran AIDA64 for a few hours and haven't crashed, then it's stable. Normally 12 hrs is considered rock stable ( for me anyways ;) ). Remember as Earthdog posted; the key to overclocking is to get the desired clockspeed with the least amount of voltage.

Back