• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thideras's Scythe Orochi review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

hrmm, tempting.

my ninja is keeping my Windsor in my sig at 50C under load only catching case intake fans for air flow. cool thing is it lookes like i could still use the remaining retention hardware which in my case puts a little more pressure on the processor.

i used a thermalright AM2 retention adaptor which allows use of 4 clip older thermal right cooler and my ninja didnt have AM2 mounting hardware so it works out very well. a small er than a grain of rice thermal compount squishes out the side where on my 939 it wouldnt squish to cover the whole thing

edit"
woo core damage gets it to 55! with an ambiant temp of 70F

Jolly-Swagman

Very Nice indeed, but I too would be very worried about Upright on M/B,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrcrxsi View Post
very good to see it has a backplate. i was worried about that. now just worried about the strength of the MB when upright. but i could be worried over nothing.

*snap*

Enablingwolf

Senior Member overclocking at t
I read a thread on XS where they where benching outside and found that the heatpipes froze up, and I thought they had a material inside with some kind of liquid, i'm not too sure.

Heat pipes are in simple terms gas operated. If you go to low they do not work.

The liquid in the base boils. It turns to gas as it boils. As it (the now gas) is lifted up due to gas weight in another simple way... Oil and water One is denser and pushes the lighter, less dense up and out.. The now liquid atoms are now a gas and displaced higher and further apart. Denser has higher chance in pushing lighter out. Like oil and water. Or how an ice cube floats in liquid.
Now it goes to the end if the pipe. Once it cools, it recollects and gets heavy again. So it falls to the base. Rinse and repeat. One molecule at a time.

If you go below the rated operating range. The thing does not transfer its heat to the fins and work.

Under a certain range, heat pipes kind of are moot. You using the metal to transfer heat. Not gas.

IKIKUINTHENUTZ

Looking forward to the review thid

you may want to try out the brand new beta OCCT for testing and see if you like what it is puting out and etc

Omsion

So in this thread I learned about two more CPU stressers. Nice :D

Time to run them all at once.
Or not :p

OP
Ben333

Ben333

Folding for Team 32!
i cant wait to see a review on this monster. are you comparing it with any other heatsinks?

Yes, the TRUE is also being tested by thideras so you can compare them.

Automata

Destroyer of Empires and Use
sweet, now thats what i call a review. actually taking a new product against a high end proven product and compare. now i really can wait for the review.
Not only that, but I will be putting them on the same processor using the same fans! Even the one that came with the Scythe and even FANLESS :)

Jinu

Not only that, but I will be putting them on the same processor using the same fans! Even the one that came with the Scythe and even FANLESS :)

hey now, dont forget to use the same TIM. lol. good stuff man. glad to see your gonna give this its fair shot. from what i was able to gather on a japanese review, it didnt do too much better than a xp-120, but then again my japanese is rusty so im excited to see how this comes out.

Automata

Destroyer of Empires and Use
hey now, dont forget to use the same TIM. lol. good stuff man. glad to see your gonna give this its fair shot. from what i was able to gather on a japanese review, it didnt do too much better than a xp-120, but then again my japanese is rusty so im excited to see how this comes out.
Of course I use the same TIM ;). It is even applied the same way! :eek: